Put your personality into your application ... literally.
Paper applications are two-dimensional. On-campus interviews allow you the opportunity to make your application three-dimensional. Interviews are offered in the summer for rising high school seniors and in the fall for current high school seniors. The interview is an evaluative and optional component to the application. Choosing not to pursue a campus interview will not put any student at a disadvantage in the application process.
Summer Interview Schedule
- Summer interviews are offered weekdays only beginning June 23 and ending August 15 (with the exception of July 4).
- If you plan on participating in a tour and an interview we recommend interviewing at 9:00am, 12:00pm, 1:00pm or 2:00pm. The 10:00am and 4:00pm slots also work (a 10:00am interview will cause you to miss the information session but not the tour, the 4:00pm interview slot will cause you to possibly miss the last few minutes of the tour)
Fall Interview Schedule
- Fall interviews are offered on a very limited basis. Interested students are encouraged to interview during the summer if possible when more appointments are available.
- Weekday interviews run from mid-September through mid-November and are offered in the afternoons.
- Select Saturday morning interviews are offered in conjunction with our Fall Focus events
- The fall schedule will be available September 1, 2014.
All students who wish to interview and to apply Early Decision should interview prior to the November 1 application deadline.
Please register separately for a campus tour (you can register for both events during the same registration session).
(Note: if you do not receive an email confirmation, your registration did not come through. Please either try again or email [[wcbegl, Associate Dean Wendy Livingston]] or call us at 757-221-4223 for assistance.)
Interviews are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. If a particular interview appointment is full, you will have the option of adding yourself to the event waitlist. As cancelations arise, those on the waitlist will be automatically added to the appointment for which they are currently on the waitlist. An automated email will be sent to notify you that you have been removed from the waitlist and confirmed for the appointment.
"I believe this opportunity allowed me to articulate qualities about myself that a paper application just cannot convey. This experience really allowed me to add something substantive to my application and allowed me to get a more intimate feel for the College. The interviewer answered all of my questions and really allowed me to see a more personal side of William & Mary!" Summer Interviewee
"Thank you very much for offering me the opportunity to interview. I feel like I really made a contribution to my application. Meeting with a current student was an added bonus. I feel like I learned so much about this university and its students. The whole experience was superb!" Summer Interviewee
Contact [[wcbegl, Associate Dean Wendy C. Livingston]]
Read more about our on-campus interviews as featured on the front page of The Washington Post.