Make your application sing...literally
An audition is not required for admission to William & Mary's art programs. However, if you possess a skill/talent in the creative or performing arts and are interested in continued study or application in that area at the college level, you may submit a sample of your work for review by our faculty for Music, Art, Theatre, or Dance. Samples should be submitted on or before the application deadline (November 1 for early decision, January 1 for regular decision). Audio or visual media files may be included with your application and must be submitted through a Slideroom account in conjunction with the related questions on the Common Application. Please refer to the following guidelines when completing your Creative and Performing Arts supplement. Contact [[kcmaccagnan, Assistant Dean Kate Maccagnan]] with any questions or concerns.
- There is a $5 (for Music, Dance, Theatre) or $10 (for Visual Arts) submission fee which is paid through Slideroom. You will be prompted to pay at the conclusion of your submission.
- You may make a submission to multiple programs (Theatre, Music, Art, Dance) under the same Slideroom account.
- There are 5 media spaces provided for Music, Dance and Theatre and 15 media slots for Visual Arts. Feel free to use as many or as few of the media spaces as you would like.
- You may determine the length of your audio or visual recording as long as it fits in the 30 MB provided for each individual media slot.
- Your Creative and Performing Arts supplement will not be submitted until you submit your Common Application.
Submissions should be the best quality possible. If the submission is of a group performance, please provide a content description and identify yourself within the piece. Please note: the Theatre Department will not review scripts. You may use one of the media slots to submit an optional Theatre specific resume discussing your previous experiences and/or training. The resume must be submitted as a pdf.
The Department of Music is open to all students, however, we only review submissions for creative and performing arts from serious and accomplished musicians. Please include a music resume and a statement of intent regarding your participation in the Department of Music’s classes, lessons, and ensembles. Both the resume and the statement of intent must be uploaded as pdfs into individual media slots allowing three remaining slots for your audio music submissions. Please note: the Music department will not review videos. Submissions should be of the best quality possible and feature you as a soloist with appropriate accompaniment.
Visual arts will review drawing, painting, printmaking, architecture, ceramics, and sculpture. Please note: the Art Department will not review film or photography. You may use one of the media slots to submit an optional Art specific resume discussing your previous experiences and/or training. The resume must be submitted as a pdf.
Submissions should be the best quality possible and feature you as a soloist. If you are dancing in an ensemble piece please identify yourself within the piece. You may use one of the media slots to submit an optional Dance specific resume discussing your previous experiences and/or training. The resume must be submitted as a pdf.