East Coast Storm
September 22, 2023, 10:00 am
Dear William & Mary community –
The National Weather Service is tracking a low-pressure system forecasted to bring heavy rain and the potential for strong winds – 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph - to our area over the next two days. A tropical storm warning is in effect.
Wind could cause damage to trees creating an increased risk for power outages. Please use caution as you move around campus. Facilities management is working to make sure drains are clear, loose materials are secure and is monitoring areas prone to flooding.
Things to Know
1. There are currently no changes to class schedules or university operation status.
2. The Emergency Management Team will continue to monitor the storm and will make any necessary updates via email or through the university’s mass notification system, Rave.
3. If you have not yet enrolled in Rave, please do so in Banner personal service - https://personalinfo.wm.edu/
4. You can also receive campus emergency notifications by following W&M News on Facebook or X (formerly known as Twitter) or by using the W&M Mobile app -https://www.wm.edu/mobileapps/
5. If you see downed trees or need to report flooding, contact Facilities Management through Work Control at 757.221.2270.
Ginger Ambler, EMT co-chair
Don Butler, EMT co-chair
William & Mary