Overrides Links, Co-requisites, Pre-requisites, Special Approval, Major, College, Level, Class, Degree, and Program restrictions. It does not give the student permission to enter a closed course.
Maximum Capacity Override
ONLY overrides the maximum capacity of a course, or closed course.
- Overrides are only valid during your registration window and/or add/drop period. They do not allow you to add after the registration window and/or add/drop period has ended.
- If you know course requires Instructor Permission – obtain override before your registration window opens and verify it is there.
- If you need permission to enter a course that requires instructor permission, AND the course is closed, you will need both the Instructor Override and the Maximum Capacity Override in order to add the course.
- If granted, you will see both overrides for the CRN on the Check Your Registration Status page.
- Overrides DO NOT Register you for the class. Instructors DO NOT have the ability to register you for a class. It is YOUR responsibility to add the class after you have received the override.