William & Mary invites all admitted, first-year students to apply to the Sharpe Community Scholars Program. We will accept and notify applicants on a rolling basis until May 31st.
Transfer students are not eligible for the Sharpe program. There are other ways to explore engaged scholarship. Contact [[mdgrif, Professor Monica Griffin]] for more information.
The application will include
- Your contact information (including email address)
- Brief background on past volunteerism
- Your choice of one (1) essay question out of 4 possibilities.
May 31, 2018, midnight
About the Essay Question
What we're looking for:
- A clear indication of promise for developing a scholarly orientation toward community engagement. Refer to your intellectual, social, or emotional transformation. How have you changed from early engagement experiences to more recent ones?
- A clearly defined and articulated academic orientation to community engagement. For example, what is your intended major? or What course in the current Sharpe curriculum most interests you?
- A focused approach to engaged learning. Do you have interests or community activities beyond a general interest in volunteerism?