Put your personality into your application ... literally.
Paper applications are two-dimensional. On-campus interviews allow you the opportunity to make your application three-dimensional. Interviews are offered in the summer for rising high school seniors and in the fall for current high school seniors. The interview is an evaluative and optional component to the application. Choosing not to pursue a campus interview will not put any student at a disadvantage in the application process.
Summer Interview Schedule
- Summer interviews for 2014 have concluded. Summer 2015 interviews will be offered weekdays beginning in late June and ending in mid-August.
Fall Interview Schedule
- Weekday interviews run from September 15 through November 21 with the exception of October 13-14 (W&M's Fall Break)
- Interviews are offered Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 2:00pm, 3:00pm and 4:00m and Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:00pm and 4:00pm
- If also taking an afternoon tour, we recommend the 2:00pm appointment first and then the 4:00pm appointment if a 2:00pm appointment isn't available (note: the 4:00pm appointment may cause you to miss the last few minutes of the tour). The 3:00pm appointment is not feasible in conjunction with a tour.
- Saturday interviews are offered at 9:00am, 10:00am, 11:00am and 12:00pm in conjunction with our Fall Focus events on September 6, September 13, September 27, October 4, October 25, November 8 and November 22.
All students who wish to interview and to apply Early Decision should interview prior to the November 1 application deadline.
Please register separately for a campus tour (you can register for both events during the same registration session).
(Note: if you do not receive an email confirmation, your registration did not come through. Please email [[wcbegl, Associate Dean Wendy Livingston]] or call us at 757-221-4223 for assistance.)
Interviews are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. If a particular interview appointment is full, you will have the option of adding yourself to the event waitlist. As cancelations arise, those on the waitlist will be automatically added to the appointment for which they are currently on the waitlist. An automated email will be sent to notify you that you have been removed from the waitlist and confirmed for the appointment.
"I believe this opportunity allowed me to articulate qualities about myself that a paper application just cannot convey. This experience really allowed me to add something substantive to my application and allowed me to get a more intimate feel for the College. The interviewer answered all of my questions and really allowed me to see a more personal side of William & Mary!" Summer Interviewee
"Thank you very much for offering me the opportunity to interview. I feel like I really made a contribution to my application. Meeting with a current student was an added bonus. I feel like I learned so much about this university and its students. The whole experience was superb!" Summer Interviewee
Contact [[wcbegl, Associate Dean Wendy C. Livingston]]
Read more about our on-campus interviews as featured on the front page of The Washington Post.