***The class visit program is currently closed for the summer. The program will begin again in the fall.
The class visitation program is designed to supplement our campus tours and information sessions. By observing classes, students can gain an academic insight on William & Mary, and ascertain the type of teaching environment to be found here. Reminder: only open classes will display on the registration page.
Remember you will need to check in before your class visit at the Undergraduate Admission office to obtain the professor's name and location of the class.
- If you are interested in visiting a particular class or department that is not one of our pre-approved classes please contact that department directly. You can also use the dynamic course catalog to search for an open class, and email a professor directly.
Guidlines & Suggestions:
- Refer to our admission website for driving/parking directions. You can also obtain a campus map in the Office of Admission when you arrive on campus.
- Please arrive to the class a few minutes early and, if possible, introduce yourself to the professor as a prospective student.
- Please be sure to thank the professor at the end of the class.
- Please try to schedule a visit at a time when you can stay for the entire class to avoid potentially disrupting class by leaving early.
- Please remember to turn off cell phones or set them to silent.
For any further questions you may email [[reavison, Assistant Dean Rebecca Avison]] or contact her by phone at (757) 221-3979.
Thank you for your interest in the College of William & Mary. Enjoy your visit!