The class visitation program is designed to supplement our campus tours and information sessions. By observing classes, students can gain an academic insight on William & Mary, and ascertain the type of teaching environment to be found here.
To observe a general class:
- There are six pre-approved classes outside of Tribe Shadow that students can visit during the fall semester. The weekday schedule is as follows: Tuesdays- ENGL 203 British Literature I & BIOL 312 Evolution of Organisms; Wednesdays- GOVT 203 Introduction to Comparative Politics & HIST 111 History of Europe to 1715; and Thursdays- CSCI 141 Computational Problem Solving & PSYC 311 Cognitive Psychology.
- REGISTER now for available classes.
- Remember you will need to check in before your class visit at the Undergraduate Admission office to obtain the professor's name and location of the class.
- If you are interested in visiting a particular class or department that is not one of our six pre-approved classes please contact that department directly.
Guidlines & Suggestions:
- Refer to our admission website for driving/parking directions. You can also obtain a campus map in the Office of Admission when you arrive on campus.
- Please arrive to the class a few minutes early and, if possible, introduce yourself to the professor as a prospective student.
- Please be sure to thank the professor at the end of the class.
- Please try to schedule a visit at a time when you can stay for the entire class to avoid potentially disrupting class by leaving early.
- Please remember to turn off cell phones or set them to silent.
For any further questions you may email [[reavison, Assistant Dean Rebecca Avison]] or contact her by phone at (757) 221-3979.
Thank you for your interest in the College of William & Mary. Enjoy your visit!