Should a student become a victim of a Sexual Assault, they have a number of options for reporting the incident. They may report it to Residence Life through their Resident Assistants or Area Directors. They may go directly to the King Student Health Center. They may go to the Dean of Students Office, the Counseling Center, the Sexual Assault Coordinator, or the Campus Police. Each department has it's own specific functions. Each will provide the student with information as to where they can go for various services. Each WILL immediately file an ANONYMOUS sexual assault incident report form with the Sexual Assault Response Coordinator. Should a student report to the Campus Police the following will apply:
- Students can file a report of sexual assault with the Campus Police WITHOUT FILING CHARGES.
- The Police will immediately file an ANONYMOUS sexual assault incident report form with the Sexual Assault Response Coordinator.
- The Police will encourage the student to speak directly with the Sexual Assault Response Coordinator for support understanding, evaluating, and choosing among the many services offered.
- If a student is reporting a stranger assault or incident which may present a clear danger to the community, information about the incident will be released by the Vice President for Student Affairs to help protect the community while respecting the student's anonymity.
- If the student has filed a report, the Police will conduct a full investigation of the incident that would include questioning of all parties involved.
- If the student chooses to pursue a full investigation, upon its completion the student will have the option of filing charges.
- The Police will encourage the student to go to the Health Center or Emergency Room for medical services and offer to accompany the student. The Police will explain to the student that time is of the essence for medical services and retrieval of evidence.