For Faculty and Staff
Department telephone coordinators can update campus directory information for individuals in their department (the green section) as well as their department information (front section) on the W&M Directory website. This site is available year round but there are specific deadlines for updating information for the printed directory. For the 2013 printed directory, those deadlines are as follows:
Department information appearing in the front section: August 27, 2013
Individual information appearing in the green section: September 6, 2013
Faculty and staff may also update their own individual information throughout the year at http://directory.wm.edu/people/. For the 2013 printed directory, the deadline to update personal information is August 8, 2013. At that time, access will be temporarily disabled until the 2013 campus directory updates are complete.
Tips for telephone coordinators:
Each year, coordinators must verify EVERY entry for the printed directory (even those that have been updated by individuals). For this reason, it is important for coordinators to double check entries after the deadline for individuals to update their own entries has passed.
At the beginning of the directory update period, all entries appear in red text. Once an entry has been verified either by clicking OK or updating the record, the text of the record changes from red to black. Red entries WILL NOT be printed in the directory.
Other actions can cause a record to appear red as well - 1) when an individual updates their own information, and 2) when a new employee is added as a result of having a W&M account created.
New employees are automatically added when a W&M account is created for them. New entries will appear in red with a print order of 9. Below is an explanation of print order.
- 0 - used for individuals that should not appear anywhere in the printed directory but will be searchable via the online directory.
- 1 through 8 - used to sort individuals that will appear first in the front section before other personnel (such as Department Chairs, Directors, Executive Assistants or anyone else you desire); these individuals will also appear in the green section.
- 9 - used for most personnel in your department; these individuals will appear in the front section in an alphabetic list below anyone designated with a print order of 1 through 8 and will also appear in the green section.
- 10 - used for individuals that should appear only in the green section (and not in the front section); many departments have used this for adjunct and emeritus faculty.
- 11 or higher - used for individuals that should not appear anywhere in the printed or online directory.
If you have any questions about campus directory updates, contact [[csgrim, Connie Grimes]].