Students who attend the College of William & Mary assume the responsibility of:
- Full payment of tuition and fees
- Full payment of all charges for housing and dining services, and other applicable miscellaneous charges
- Maintaining current addresses in Banner self service
- Acknowledging their William and Mary email as the official means of communication to all students
- Reading their William and Mary e-mail on a daily basis
- Reading and abiding by the rules as stated in the University catalogs and handbooks
- Payment of a $50 fee for any item(s) returned by their bank, ACH electronic drafts or paper checks, as prescribed by the Code of Virginia 2.2-4805.
- Setting up and maintaining current bank account information for Direct Deposit of student account refunds
- Entering your mobile phone number and carrier into your profiles in eServices if you wish to receive text messages for billing
Students acknowledge the following:
- Paper bills will not be sent to enrolled students. Failure to acknowledge and review the electronic bill does not relieve responsibility for timely payments.
- Any student account not paid in full or secured by our Payment Plan or Financial Aid or approved Third-Party Tuition Assistance will be assessed a late payment fee of 10% (up to $100.00) of the unsecured past-due account balance as prescribed in 2.2-4805 of the Code of Virginia.
- The University reserves the right to revise or alter all tuition and fees, regulations pertaining to student tuition and fees, and tuition and fee collection procedures whenever such revisions or alterations are deemed necessary.
- Students with past due balances will have a hold placed on their account and will not be allowed to:
- Register for future classes
- Receive official transcripts
- Receive their diplomas
- Have their degree conferred
- Past due accounts may be submitted to a private collection agency, Virginia debt set-off or the Attorney General's Office for collection as well as credit bureau reporting. Any account not satisfied by the final payment due date will be responsible for all collection and agency fees (of up to 30% of the outstanding balance).