Many Voices. ONE TRIBE.
The Office of Diversity & Equal Opportunity spearheads the university's affirmative action and diversity efforts. As a part of that mission, it helps to remedy discrimination and harassment. We are committed to creating a College community that is representative and inclusive of individuals with different backgrounds, talents, and skills. We work to ensure that William & Mary is a community where all faculty, staff, and students feel supported and affirmed.
Diversity News @ W&M
- W&M admits accomplished, diverse Class of 2018
- Maya Angelou event at W&M cancelled
- Collection celebration highlights hip-hop culture, history
- Inaugural Boswell Symposium to focus on same sex unions in Virginia
- W&M to celebrate hip-hop collection's first anniversary
- Student Assembly project showcases the 'humans of W&M'
- Medal of Honor recipient Leroy Petry to speak at W&M's Commencement
- Former W&M Rector recognized for LGBT work
- White House taps W&M, UVa, presidential homes to support new Africa initiative
- Project spotlights contributions of local women to civil rights
- Donnor’s book examines the resegregation of schools
- TEDx moves 'forward' in second year at W&M
- W&M joins Institute of International Education Coalition
- Ensemble travels to Oman, performs for ambassador
- African American law graduates celebrate shared journey