The Office of Diversity & Equal Opportunity spearheads the university's affirmative action and diversity efforts. As a part of that mission, it helps to prevent discrimination and harassment. We are committed to creating a College community that is representative and inclusive of individuals with different backgrounds, talents, and skills. We work to ensure that William & Mary is a community where all faculty, staff, and students feel supported and affirmed.
The Office partners closely with Compliance and Equity, which provides central support for the university's efforts to comply with its legal, regulatory and ethical obligations. Online organization charts provide more information about which offices are involved in W&M's discrimination/sexual violence prevention and response work.
Diversity News @ W&M
- Jill Ellis '88 honored as Tribe Champion for Life
- Muscarelle acquires photograph from Maya Angelou's collection
- Inspirational story about W&M Alum, Brian Blount '78
- Slevin one of first non-psychologists to win APA Award
- W&M Alumna Comstock among "most powerful women in business"
- 2015 Fall Professional Development Series
- W&M Athletic Department: If You Can Play, You Can Play Video
- Professor and Student honored for Service