The Compliance & Policy Office provides central support for the university's efforts to comply with its legal, regulatory and ethical obligations. It promotes William & Mary's Code of Ethics and other policies. The Chief Compliance Officer has overall responsibility for the university's compliance program.
The Office also has direct responsibility for discrimination compliance; the Chief Compliance Officer is the university's Title IX Coordinator, ADA/Rehabilitation Act Coordinator and Age Discrimination Act Coordinator.
What Does the Office Do? The Compliance & Policy Office:
- Conducts civil rights investigations and responds to reports and complaints of discrimination and harassment;
- Coordinates compliance with Title IX, the Violence Against Women Act, the ADA, and other discrimination laws and regulations (online organization charts provide more information about which offices are involved in W&M's discrimination/sexual violence prevention and response work);
- Works closely with the Dean of Students Office and William & Mary Police on reports of sexual violence/assault, dating and domestic violence, and stalking;
- Provides information, guidance and training about various compliance topics;
- Manages the university's policy program;
- Identifies and closes compliance gaps and develops compliance solutions, including by working with the Risk Management Committee.
You should contact the Office with:
- Reports or complaints of Title IX violations and other forms of discrimination or harassment;
- Questions and concerns about meeting compliance obligations; and
- Questions about policies or procedures.
The Compliance & Policy Office does not provide privileged legal advice - please contact University Counsel for legal services.
This website last updated April 2015.