The Compliance & Policy Office provides central support for the university's efforts to comply with its legal, regulatory and ethical obligations. It promotes William & Mary's Code of Ethics and other policies. The Chief Compliance Officer has overall responsibility for the university's compliance program.
The Office also has direct responsibility for discrimination compliance; the Chief Compliance Officer is the university's Title IX Coordinator, ADA/Rehabilitation Act Coordinator and Age Discrimination Act Coordinator. (The Office provides a helpful chart quickly showing which W&M offices handle various discrimination-related matters.)
What Does the Office Do? The Compliance & Policy Office:
- Conducts civil rights investigations and responds to reports and complaints of discrimination and harassment;
- Coordinates compliance with Title IX, the Violence Against Women Act, the ADA, and other discrimination laws and regulations;
- Manages the university's policy program;
- Provides compliance resources - information, guidance and training about various compliance topics; and
- Identifies and closes compliance gaps and develops compliance solutions, including by working with the Risk Management Committee.
You should contact the Office with:
- Questions and concerns about meeting compliance obligations;
- Reports or complaints of Title IX violations and other forms of discrimination or harassment; and
- Questions about policies or procedures.
The Compliance & Policy Office does not provide privileged legal advice - please contact University Counsel for legal services.