Good! Apply here before 11:00PM on March 19
Are you passionate about all things Tribe? Do you enjoy entertaining groups, large and small? Do you have an outgoing and creative personality? If you can answer yes to all of these questions, then the College of William & Mary is looking for you!
President Taylor Reveley appointed a committee last year to select a new mascot for W&M. After months of work and thousands of suggestions the committee announced five finalists (Griffin, King and Queen, Phoenix, Pug, and Wren) in December. Work continues and we believe we'll be able to announce something this spring. In the meantime, we’re dealing with some of the other moving parts that need to be in place. One of these moving parts is the selection of the student or students who will help bring the concept to life and really energize Tribe faithful.
To portray the W&M mascot, you must be:
- enrolled as a W&M student in good academic standing in the upcoming academic year (2010-11)
- willing and able to represent the Tribe at a wide range of events, including, but not limited to, athletic contests
- in good health and physically able to run, dance, tumble, etc.
- able to improvise and animate
- outgoing and good with children
- able to work long hours, weekends and occasional holidays and in inclement weather
In donning the Tribe’s new mascot costume, the selected individual will be expected to perform both with, and independently of, the College’s spirit groups (cheerleaders, pep band, dance teams, etc.) and also interact with a broad range of fans, friends and alumni.
The position will require a degree of physical activity that includes, but is not limited to, running, dancing, tumbling, etc. Additionally, experience in theatre or acting will be considered an asset.
A select panel will review all applications and schedule live auditions for finalists during the week of March 29, 2010. Review frequently asked questions about the Tribe mascot auditions.
The deadline for requesting a mascot audition was Friday, March 19.