- provides a four-year guarantee that tuition will remain constant for incoming in-state students through all four years of undergraduate study
- caps tuition increases for returning Virginia students at no greater than the rate of inflation
- see President Reveley's message for full details
General information for 2013-2014
Student tuition charges are determined by the student's level and domicile. The College reserves the right to make changes in its charges for any and all programs at any time, after approval by the Board of Visitors.
Tuition and fees for Spring 2014 are expected to be billed December 9, 2013 and are due January 3, 2014. Students whose payments are received after the due date may be assessed a late payment fee of up to 10% of the outstanding balance. Visit our eServices site for information on the W&M Tuition Payment Plan.
- A one-time, non-refundable Orientation/Family Program fee is required of the following new students. A charge will appear on the student's eBill during their first academic semester.
- A one-time, non-refundable Graduation Fee (per degree) of $75.00 will be charged all students when they file their 'Notice of Candidacy for Graduation'.
- Newly admitted undergraduate students declaring a business major will be charged $750.00 per semester effective Fall term 2013, increasing to $1,500.00 per semester effective Fall term 2014. Those declaring a business minor will be charged $375.00 per semester effective Fall term 2013, increasing to $750.00 per semester effective Fall term 2014. Please refer to the Mason School of Business, Undergraduate Business Program fee for further information.
- Non-W&M NIAHD students will be charged an Academic Program fee of $750.00.
- Washington DC program students are charged a program fee of $500.00 during the Fall and Spring semesters. These fees are non-refundable.
- Applied music courses carry an additional charge of $400.00 per one 30 minute lesson (one credit hour).
- Specific art, science lab and kinesiology courses also charge an additional fee. Classes carrying fees have a notation in Banner self-Service, "Additional Fees," and the amount of the fee may be viewed in the Class Detail screen for each section. These fees are non-refundable.
- International students will be charged a one-time Orientation Fee of $110.00 at the beginning of the student's degree program. They will also incur a $35.00 Service Fee for each enrolled semester with the exception of summer sessions. For more information on these fees, please view the Reve's Center website.
- Tuition rates for the Saint Andrews William & Mary joint degree programe differ from the standard undergraduate rates.
Tuition and fee rates for 2013-14
Undergraduate student rates - Amounts are PER SEMESTER
Student Faculty Fee
State Building Fee
Graduate Arts&Sciences rates - Amounts are PER SEMESTER
- The Executive School of Education program follows a different tuition and fee schedule based on their course of study. Please refer to the Executive EDd program website for further information.
- Graduate Arts and Science Masters in Public Policy students will be charged a one-time Student Activity fee of $400.00.
- A Continuous Enrollment fee of $100 per semester is charged to Grad A&S students who continue to work on their dissertations/thesis but are not taking a specific class.
W&M Law School rates - Amounts are PER SEMESTER
Mason School of Business - MBA and MAcc rates - Amounts are PER SEMESTER
- The Executive MBA program (EMBA) follows a different tuition and fee schedule based on their course of study. Please refer to the EMBA website for further information.
Part-time Undergraduate and Graduate rates
Mandatory Fee Information
|*ALLOCATION OF GENERAL FEE |
William & Mary Hall
AUXILIARY SERVICES TOTAL
William & Mary Hall
William & Mary Hall 2
DEBT SERVICE TOTAL
STUDENT ACTIVITIES TOTAL
|GENERAL FEE TOTAL||$1,921.50|
|**ALLOCATION OF UNDERGRADUATE FACILITY FEE |
Improvement: Athletic Facilities 1
School of Education
Power Plant Improvements
Integrated Science Center
School of Business
Improvement: Athletic Facilities 2
Cooling Tower 1
Cooling Tower 2
|UNDERGRADUATE FACILITY FEE TOTAL:||$544.50|