Report an Issue or Concern

We encourage you to contact us promptly with any concerns about our students. Concerns may range from possible conduct or honor violations or concerns for the general welfare of a student. You may use the following methods to report matters, and we will follow up promptly. You may also contact William & Mary Police at 757-221-4596 if you have an imminent safety concern.

If you have questions or concerns about the reporting process, you may contact the Dean of Students Office at 757-221-2509.

Sexual Misconduct Incident Report (Title IX)

There are two reporting options available below. You can also learn about all of the options to file a report or complaint for incidents of sexual violence, assault or harassment.

Confidential Report - Sexual Misconduct/Title IX

The confidential reporting option is for students who have experienced sex and gender based discrimination, including sexual violence and other forms of sexual harassment. Use this option to access the university's confidential support resources. Services are provided by trained staff members who are generally not required to share information with any other school official without consent.

Report Sexual Misconduct

Anyone can report sexual misconduct. This can include concerns related to sex and gender based discrimination, sexual violence and other forms of sexual harassment. This reporting method should be used by mandatory reporters (faculty, staff and student staff), as well as students, parents and members of the community who want to make the university aware of a situation involving sexual misconduct. With the exception of mandatory reporters, those using this form can choose whether or not to identify themselves or any of the individuals involved.

General Student Welfare Concern

The Dean of Students Office provides students with outreach, advocacy and support services when they face significant challenges to their mental, physical and social health. Use the university's Care Report Form if you have a concern about a student (ex: multiple absences from class, signs of student struggling, concerning behavior, etc.) that you would like to share with us.

Possible Honor Code or Student Code of Conduct Violation

The Student Conduct and Honor programs serve to maintain the university community's values and behavioral expectations of its students. Use the university's Public Incident Report Form to report a possible violation of the Honor Code or the Student Code of Conduct.

Other Reporting