The DC Semester Program is an academic program with an internship component operated out of the Washington Center. The program is open to students in all majors and disciplines, and financial assistance is available. DC Semester Program scholars receive 6-8 credits for their coursework and an additional 6 credits for the academic work they complete in association with their internship.
Classes are taught by W&M professors and are held at the W&M Washington Center in Dupont Circle. Students live in group apartments located in the heart of Washington, DC.
Spring 2017 Semester
- Theme: "Judicial Politics: Law and Politics in the Nation's Capital" taught by Professor Christine Nemacheck
- Applications Open August 15
- Financial assistance is available for this program.
- Get a close-up view of Washington’s dynamic governmental, advocacy, research, international, and cultural institutions
- Enjoy Washington’s rich cultural and social opportunities
- Come face-to-face with expert guest speakers/alums from all over Washington
- Study in a seminar setting with an experienced William & Mary professor
- Build your résumé by participating in a professional internship
- Get a leg up on Summer and full-time employment opportunities
- Learn more about the program.