- April 2017 BOV personnel resolutions
The William & Mary Board of Visitors approved several personnel resolutions at its April 2017 meeting regarding designated professorships, tenure, retirements, faculty appointments, faculty promotions, and leaves of absence.
- W&M Board of Visitors to meet April 19-21
The William & Mary Board of Visitors will meet in Williamsburg on April 19-21, 2017.
- Emergency communications update
A notice regarding changes to the RAVE emergency notification system and a reminder about other emergency resources.
- Message on Thad Tate
Thaddeus Wilbur Tate, Jr. “Thad,” a scholar of colonial Virginia who taught in William & Mary's history department and served in many capacities at the Institute of Early American History and Culture (later the Omohundro Institute), died on April 8.
- Presidential search
W&M Rector Todd A. Stottlemyer ’85 has appointed a 19-member committee to conduct a national search for the next president of the university.
- Notice regarding John M. Levy
John M. Levy, Chancellor Professor of Law, Emeritus, passed away on April 2.
- Remarks of W&M Rector Todd Stottlemyer
The following are remarks made by W&M Rector Todd Stottlemyer at the announcement of President's Taylor Reveley's retirement.
- Message on Reveley's retirement
President Taylor Reveley sent the following message to the W&M community on April 7, 2017.
- Remarks of President Taylor Reveley
These are the prepared remarks of W&M President Taylor Reveley for the announcement of his retirement.
- Potential severe weather
Sam Jones, chair of the W&M Emergency Managment Team, sent the following message to the campus community April 5.
- Statement by President Reveley
We welcome ongoing conversations about race at William & Mary. Where we can do better, we should.
- Message on R. Wayne Kernodle
R. Wayne Kernodle, Professor Emeritus of Sociology and Anthropology, passed away on March 24.
- Vice provost for academic and faculty affairs
Ann Marie Stock has accepted the position of vice provost for academic and faculty affairs, effective July 1.
- Richard Bland College Committee of the William & Mary Board of Visitors Meeting
The Richard Bland College Committee of the William & Mary Board of Visitors will meet on Monday, March 27, 2017, in South Prince George.
- Statement from President Reveley
At William & Mary our practice has been, and will continue to be, that people are free to use the bathroom for the gender with which they identify.
- Message from the presidents of William & Mary and Colonial Williamsburg
We invite you to celebrate our ongoing relationship by taking advantage of the enhanced benefits offered to the William & Mary community through Colonial Williamsburg's Collegiate Pass.
- University Communications accepting entries for 2017 student journalism awards
University Communications is now accepting submissions for both awards, which will be announced during the student awards reception in April.
- Alert update
This updated was sent to the campus community following a safety alert earlier in the day.
- February 2017 BOV personnel resolutions
The William & Mary Board of Visitors approved several personnel resolutions at its February 2017 meeting.
- Message on Lawrence Stanley Beckhouse
Emeritus Professor of Sociology Lawrence Stanley Beckhouse died on Feb. 14 in Lynchburg, Virginia.
- Message on Gail Conner
Gail Conner, administrative and graduate supervisor of the Department of History, passed away at home on Feb. 8, 2017, after a long illness.
- W&M Board of Visitors to meet on Feb. 8-10
The William & Mary Board of Visitors will meet in Williamsburg on Feb. 8-10, 2017.
- W&M Campaign Steering Committee to meet Feb. 11
The William & Mary Campaign Steering Committee will meet in Williamsburg on Saturday, February 11, 2017.
- Update on water testing
This update was sent from Vice President for Student Affairs Ginger Ambler to the student body.
- Our international community
W&M President Taylor Reveley sent the following message to the campus community Jan. 29, 2017.
- W&M Washington D.C. campaign committee meeting Feb. 2
The Washington, D.C., Metro Regional Campaign Committee of William & Mary will meet in Tysons Corner, Virginia, on Feb. 2, 2017.
- William & Mary to test emergency siren Jan. 25
William & Mary will test its emergency notification system Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2017.
- Water testing in residence halls
Message sent from Vice President for Student Affairs Ginger Ambler to the student body.
- Message on Nathan Altshuler
Nathan Altshuler, Professor of Anthropology, Emeritus, and founder of the W&M Department of Anthropology, died Jan. 8, 2017.
- Weather updates: Jan. 6-10
The W&M Emergency Management Team sent the following weather-related messages to the campus community Jan. 6-10, 2017.
- Message on the 2016 President's Report
From powerful teaching and research to transformative projects of bricks and mortar, there was much afoot at the Alma Mater of the Nation during the year just ended.
- Message on Elsa Nettels
Elsa Nettels, the Mildred and J. B. Hickman Professor of English and Humanities, Emerita, passed away in Williamsburg on Friday, Dec. 30.