- President Reveley message on Charlottesville
William & Mary President Taylor Reveley sent the following message to the campus community Aug. 23, 2017.
- Statement from President Taylor Reveley on violence in Charlottesville
William & Mary President Taylor Reveley released a statement August 12, 2017 following violent protests in Charlottesville, VA.
- Incident off campus
William & Mary Police sent the following message to the campus community July 25, 2017.
- W&M Board of Visitors to hold retreat July 13-14
The William & Mary Board of Visitors will hold a retreat July 13-14, 2017, in Glen Allen.
- Rave message
William & Mary Police Chief Deb Cheesebro sent the following message to the campus community July 13, 2017.
- Message on Hugh Blanton Easler
Hugh Blanton Easler, professor of mathematics, emeritus, died July 8, 2017.
- Dillard incident
Shortly before 8 p.m. on July 7, 2017, a passerby discovered a body in an outside area at the Dillard Complex off of Ironbound Road.
- W&M Presidential Search Committee to meet July 12
The William & Mary Presidential Search Committee will meet in Williamsburg on July 12, 2017.
- Statement from President Reveley
The following is a statement by William & Mary President Taylor Reveley regarding Colonial Williamsburg’s recently announced plans for long-term sustainability.
- W&M presidential search update
A brief update on the progress of the William & Mary Presidential Search Committee
- William & Mary to test emergency siren June 21
William & Mary will test its emergency notification system Wednesday, June 21, 2017.
- Message on Ludwell Johnson
Ludwell Johnson, professor of history, emeritus, passed away on June 5.
- W&M Presidential Search Committee to meet on June 13
The William & Mary Presidential Search Committee will meet in Williamsburg on June 13, 2017.
- Message on Robert A. Orwoll
Robert A. Orwoll, Professor of Chemistry Emeritus, died on May 26.
- Message on Fred Adair
Fred Adair, professor of education, emeritus, died on May 19, 2017.
- W&M Presidential Search Subcommittee to meet May 30
The subcommittee, appointed by the chair of the William & Mary Presidential Search Committee to review executive search services, will meet in Richmond on May 30, 2017.
- Message on LeRoy Smith
LeRoy Smith, Professor Emeritus of English, died May 2, 2017, at the age of 90
- Spring 2017 Phi Beta Kappa initiates
Forty-eight of W&M's top students will join the Alpha chapter of the Phi Beta Kappa Society on May 12.
- Message on Kyle Milliken
Senior Chief Special Warfare Operator Kyle Milliken, a student in the online MBA program, was killed in action in Somalia.
- Statement on Kyle Milliken
The following is a statement from William & Mary President Taylor Reveley on the death of Navy SEAL Kyle Milliken.
- April 2017 BOV personnel resolutions
?The William & Mary Board of Visitors approved several personnel resolutions at its April 2017 meeting regarding designated professorships, tenure, retirements, faculty appointments, faculty promotions, and leaves of absence.
- W&M Board of Visitors to meet April 19-21
The William & Mary Board of Visitors will meet in Williamsburg on April 19-21, 2017.
- Emergency communications update
A notice regarding changes to the RAVE emergency notification system and a reminder about other emergency resources.
- Message on Thad Tate
Thaddeus Wilbur Tate, Jr. “Thad,” a scholar of colonial Virginia who taught in William & Mary's history department and served in many capacities at the Institute of Early American History and Culture (later the Omohundro Institute), died on April 8.
- Presidential search
W&M Rector Todd A. Stottlemyer ’85 has appointed a 19-member committee to conduct a national search for the next president of the university.
- Notice regarding John M. Levy
John M. Levy, Chancellor Professor of Law, Emeritus, passed away on April 2.
- Remarks of W&M Rector Todd Stottlemyer
The following are remarks made by W&M Rector Todd Stottlemyer at the announcement of President's Taylor Reveley's retirement.
- Message on Reveley's retirement
President Taylor Reveley sent the following message to the W&M community on April 7, 2017.
- Remarks of President Taylor Reveley
These are the prepared remarks of W&M President Taylor Reveley for the announcement of his retirement.
- Potential severe weather
Sam Jones, chair of the W&M Emergency Managment Team, sent the following message to the campus community April 5.
- Statement by President Reveley
We welcome ongoing conversations about race at William & Mary. Where we can do better, we should.
- Message on R. Wayne Kernodle
R. Wayne Kernodle, Professor Emeritus of Sociology and Anthropology, passed away on March 24.
- Vice provost for academic and faculty affairs
Ann Marie Stock has accepted the position of vice provost for academic and faculty affairs, effective July 1.
- Richard Bland College Committee of the William & Mary Board of Visitors Meeting
The Richard Bland College Committee of the William & Mary Board of Visitors will meet on Monday, March 27, 2017, in South Prince George.
- Statement from President Reveley
At William & Mary our practice has been, and will continue to be, that people are free to use the bathroom for the gender with which they identify.
- Message from the presidents of William & Mary and Colonial Williamsburg
We invite you to celebrate our ongoing relationship by taking advantage of the enhanced benefits offered to the William & Mary community through Colonial Williamsburg's Collegiate Pass.
- University Communications accepting entries for 2017 student journalism awards
University Communications is now accepting submissions for both awards, which will be announced during the student awards reception in April.
- Alert update
This updated was sent to the campus community following a safety alert earlier in the day.
- February 2017 BOV personnel resolutions
The William & Mary Board of Visitors approved several personnel resolutions at its February 2017 meeting.
- Message on Lawrence Stanley Beckhouse
Emeritus Professor of Sociology Lawrence Stanley Beckhouse died on Feb. 14 in Lynchburg, Virginia.
- Message on Gail Conner
Gail Conner, administrative and graduate supervisor of the Department of History, passed away at home on Feb. 8, 2017, after a long illness.
- W&M Board of Visitors to meet on Feb. 8-10
The William & Mary Board of Visitors will meet in Williamsburg on Feb. 8-10, 2017.
- W&M Campaign Steering Committee to meet Feb. 11
The William & Mary Campaign Steering Committee will meet in Williamsburg on Saturday, February 11, 2017.
- Update on water testing
This update was sent from Vice President for Student Affairs Ginger Ambler to the student body.
- Our international community
W&M President Taylor Reveley sent the following message to the campus community Jan. 29, 2017.
- W&M Washington D.C. campaign committee meeting Feb. 2
The Washington, D.C., Metro Regional Campaign Committee of William & Mary will meet in Tysons Corner, Virginia, on Feb. 2, 2017.
- William & Mary to test emergency siren Jan. 25
William & Mary will test its emergency notification system Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2017.
- Water testing in residence halls
Message sent from Vice President for Student Affairs Ginger Ambler to the student body.
- Message on Nathan Altshuler
Nathan Altshuler, Professor of Anthropology, Emeritus, and founder of the W&M Department of Anthropology, died Jan. 8, 2017.
- Weather updates: Jan. 6-10
The W&M Emergency Management Team sent the following weather-related messages to the campus community Jan. 6-10, 2017.
- Message on the 2016 President's Report
From powerful teaching and research to transformative projects of bricks and mortar, there was much afoot at the Alma Mater of the Nation during the year just ended.
- Message on Elsa Nettels
Elsa Nettels, the Mildred and J. B. Hickman Professor of English and Humanities, Emerita, passed away in Williamsburg on Friday, Dec. 30.