Applications may be submitted at any time. However, to be guaranteed consideration for admission into our programs with financial assistance in August, application forms and materials must be received by February 15.
All applicants are required to:
- Complete an application form.
- Provide at least three letters of recommendation.
- Send official transcripts from all institutions at which you have completed post-secondary academic work..
- Have official scores for all three portions of the general aptitude GRE exam sent directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS codes: William & Mary - 5115; Chemistry - 0301). Subject test scores (Chemistry) are recommended but not required.
- Complete the department's Supplemental Chemistry Form [pdf]. This form should be mailed or faxed to the Chemistry Graduate Director at the address given below.
International Students are also required to fill out a Supplemental International Form.
TOEFL scores directly from the Education Testing Service are required for all students for whom English is not a first language.
The Office of Graduate Studies and Research facilitates applications to the Arts & Science graduate programs:
Questions may be addressed to [[dcbebo,Prof. Deborah Bebout]], 757-221-2558, FAX 757-221-2715.
Professor Deborah C. Bebout
Director of Graduate Studies
Department of Chemistry
The College of William & Mary
540 Landrum Drive, ISC 1039
Williamsburg, VA 23185