On-Campus Housing

For the most complete and up-to-date information on on-campus housing, please see the Office of Residence Life website.

Students who have not yet reserved a room on campus and who would like to do so, please contact [[living, Residence Life]].

Housing Information by Student Status
  • Undergraduate Students (including exchange students)
    • Newly admitted undergraduate international students staying on campus will be able to move into their dorms on August 22, 2017 in order to attend international orientation.
    • You must be on campus for final exams at the end of each semester. Exams cannot be rescheduled for flights. W&M undergraduate residence halls close after exams and for some holidays. International students living in the dorms and continuing their studies at W&M in the spring are eligible to apply for winter break housing at no extra cost.
  • Graduate Students (including exchange students)
General Housing Information
Housing Contracts

Your housing contract is a legally binding document that covers both the fall and spring semesters. Signing the contract obligates a student to reside in W&M housing for the entire academic year or the period of time the student is enrolled at William & Mary (if shorter than an academic year). You should read the the housing contract carefully before committing to campus housing for the entire academic year.


On-campus housing is rented by room and rates vary. Rent includes furniture and utilities. Laundry facilities are also available for a per load fee.

Advice from other students:
Important Considerations
  • Notify Residence Life in writing (by email) of any problems with your room or apartment when you move in and save this just in case there are later questions about this. If you do not document these, you could be charged for them when you move out.
  • Take a picture of any problems you see when you move in (nail holes, dings, color on walls, problems with floors, etc.).
  • If you request any repairs, do this in writing (such as by email, or through an online form), and save a copy. That way, you have documented that you requested these repairs.