Thinking of buying a new computer or printer? How about a new snazzy piece of software? Need some outsider advice on your existing systems? As with any of these examples, there is a lot to consider any time a tech-related purchase is made, including:
- functionality. Is this new software/equipment/consultation going to meet your needs?
- integration. Will the new piece of software/equipment work with our existing systems and/or databases?
- duplication. Is there an existing technology that can meet your need?
- security. How does it keep personal data safe?
- pricing. Are you getting the best deal? Can we negotiate a better price for you?
W&M's technological environment is complex, to say the least. And so is the tech industry from which you are buying. We want to help you navigate these complexities so that you get optimal results from your purchase.
The earlier we can get involved, the better. It gives us an opportunity to identify any potential issues before you invest a lot of time (or money) into any particular product or service. Plus, it gives you W&M IT's support and expertise throughout the procurement process.
Let us help you with your technology-related purchasing decisions.
So what are you planning to purchase? If you are looking at desktops, laptops, printers, servers, software or technology consulting services, let us know - regardless whether you are using college or foundation funds to pay for the item. We will make recommendations and help you select the specifications of the item/service so that it will work effectively in the W&M environment. The Materials and Services page has details for each of these items.
Ready to commit?
Follow the Technology Procurement Process to make any technology-related purchase requiring a contract or RFP.