The University Web & Design team hosts Basic Training in Cascade twice a month, and additional training through monthly One-on-One Web Help sessions. Editors must attend Basic Training to activate their Cascade account.
Topics covered in Basic Training:
- Introduction to the W&M web presence
- Terminology and help for Cascade and the web
- Cascade login and navigation
- Building and editing folders and pages
- Uploading and managing documents and images
- Placing links and images within content
- Placing listboxes, related links & widgets in the right column
- Publishing and deleting
- Best practices and other tips & tricks
Spring 2017 Training Schedule
- Thursday, March 30, 2pm-4pm. Register.
- Monday, April 10, 10am-Noon. Register.
- Tuesday, April 25, 2pm-4pm. Register.
Note: Additional training is for Cascaders who have received and are comfortable with the topics covered in Basic Training.
One-on-One Web Help sessions
At these monthly, open-door sessions, several of our web experts are on hand to assist you individually. Bring your questions about Cascade, social media, Google Analytics, or our other web tools—W&M Events and Tribe Responses. Cascade topics addressed in these sessions have historically included, but are not limited to:
- Borrowing and copying content
- Managing multimedia content
- Special page types
- Building widgets & listboxes
- Staging new content without publishing
Departments and offices within Arts & Sciences and our graduate and professional schools should first contact your designated Cascade Manager. Other departments and offices, or those referred to University Web & Design for assistance should email [[creative]] with a request for assistance with a specific topic. One of our experts will try to assist in a manner appropriate for the request, as time allows.