Fall Break Information
Fall Break is October 10-13, 2015. All residence halls remain open during this time.
Thanksgiving Break Information
Thanksgiving Break is November 25-29, 2015. All residence halls remain open during this time. If you are planning to be in your residence hall room anytime over Thanksgiving Break, please fill out the online survey (to be sent soon) indicating the days which you plan to be here. *Please note that the dining halls are closed over the break.Commons Dining Hall closes at 2:00pm on 11/24 and reopen at 4:30pm on 11/29Center Court Dining Hall closes at 8:00pm on 11/24 and reopens at 4:30pm on 11/29
Marketplace closes at 2:00pm on 11/24 and reopens at 7:00am on 11/30 *Contact Dining Services for additional information and questions
Semester Break Information
All undergraduate halls except Tribe Square close at 10:00 am on Thursday, December 17 and reopen at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, January 15. Tribe Square will remain open during the break.
Will remain open during the break.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE, PLEASE:
- Close and lock all windows and doors
- Turn off all lights
* Residence Life Staff will enter all rooms to check that these things have been done.
Spring Break Information
Spring Break is March 5-13, 2016. All residence halls remain open during this time.
Don't Bring Bedbugs Back from a Break
- Inspect the bed in your motel/hotel. Take the sheet and pull it back and look at the folds and seams of the mattress. Check the mattress pad for signs of blood spots about the size of a pencil point.
- When packing to leave, check your clothing and luggage for signs of the small insects.
- If you get bitten while staying in a motel/hotel, look very carefully around the mattress and bed to try to determine if it is bedbugs. Report the situation to the motel/hotel staff.
- Bedbugs can be killed by heat over 98 degrees. If you discover bedbugs in your clothing or linen, wash them in hot water and dry them in a dryer.
- Carefully inspect anything you buy at a yard sale, garage sale, or thrift store-and wash it in hot water just to be safe.
What to do if you discover bedbugs in your room?
- Signs you might have bedbugs:
- You have white to red bites that itch intensely;
- You discover small, light to dark brown, quarter-centimeter bugs on your sheets or couch; or
- You discover small darkish-brown stains in the seams of your mattress.
- Call Facilities Management at 757-221-2270 during business hours of 7:30am - 4:30pm to arrange inspection and treatment.