Fall Break Information
Fall Break is October 11-14, 2014. All residence halls remain open during this time.
Thanksgiving Break Information
Buildings closing for the break will close at 10:00am on Wednesday, November 26. Those halls will reopen at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, November 30.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE, PLEASE:
- Close and lock all windows and doors
- Turn off all lights
* Residence Life Staff will enter all rooms to check that these things have been done.
The following residence halls will remain open during the break.
Planning to Stay?
If you live in one of the buildings which will be open and you are planning to stay, you must notify your Area Director by Friday, November 21 of the days which you plan to be here.
If you live in a building which will be closed but need to stay on campus, you must make your own arrangements with a resident of one of the buildings which will be open to use his or her room during the break. The occupants of the room must provide you with written permission, which must be submitted to your Area Director by Friday, November 21, as well as the room key and front door combination (if applicable). ID access will be temporarily transferred (if applicable).
Semester Break Information
All undergraduate halls except Tribe Square close at Noon on Thursday, December 18 and reopen at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, January 16. Tribe Square will remain open during the break. Information about storage.
Will remain open during the break.
Spring Break Information
Spring Break is March 7-15, 2015. All residence halls remain open during this time.
Don't Bring Bedbugs Back from a Break
- Inspect the bed in your motel/hotel. Take the sheet and pull it back and look at the folds and seams of the mattress. Check the mattress pad for signs of blood spots about the size of a pencil point.
- When packing to leave, check your clothing and luggage for signs of the small insects.
- If you get bitten while staying in a motel/hotel, look very carefully around the mattress and bed to try to determine if it is bedbugs. Report the situation to the motel/hotel staff.
- Bedbugs can be killed by heat over 98 degrees. If you discover bedbugs in your clothing or linen, wash them in hot water and dry them in a dryer.
- Carefully inspect anything you buy at a yard sale, garage sale, or thrift store-and wash it in hot water just to be safe.
What to do if you discover bedbugs in your room?
- Signs you might have bedbugs:
- You have white to red bits that itch intensely;
- You discover small, light to dark brown, quarter-centimeter bugs on your sheets or couch; or
- You discover small darkish-brown stains in the seams of your mattress.
- Call Facilities Management at 757-221-2270 during business hours of 7:30am - 4:30pm to arrange inspection and treatment.