Fall Break Information
Fall Break is October 14-17, 2017. All residence halls remain open during this time.
Thanksgiving Break Information
Thanksgiving Break is November 22-26, 2017. All residence halls remain open during this time. If you are planning to be in your residence hall room anytime over Thanksgiving Break, please fill out the online survey (will be emailed to all students in early November) indicating the days which you plan to be here. *Please note that the dining halls are closed over the break.
Winter Break Information
All undergraduate halls except Tribe Square close at 10:00 am on Thursday, December 21, 2017 and reopen at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, January 12, 2018. Tribe Square will remain open during the break. International students can contact the Reves Center regarding Winter Break options.
Will remain open during the break.
Spring Break Information
Spring Break is March 3-11, 2018. All residence halls remain open during this time. *Please note that the dining halls are closed over the break.
Undergraduate halls close on May 14th at 10:00am.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE, PLEASE:
- Close and lock all windows and doors
- Turn off all lights
- Turn off alarm clock and other appliances
- Set heat/ac to low
* Residence Life Staff may enter your room over break
Don't Bring Bedbugs Back from a Break
- Inspect the bed in your motel/hotel. Take the sheet and pull it back and look at the folds and seams of the mattress. Check the mattress pad for signs of blood spots about the size of a pencil point.
- When packing to leave, check your clothing and luggage for signs of the small insects.
- If you get bitten while staying in a motel/hotel, look very carefully around the mattress and bed to try to determine if it is bedbugs. Report the situation to the motel/hotel staff.
- Bedbugs can be killed by heat over 98 degrees. If you discover bedbugs in your clothing or linen, wash them in hot water and dry them in a dryer.
- Carefully inspect anything you buy at a yard sale, garage sale, or thrift store-and wash it in hot water just to be safe.
What to do if you discover bedbugs in your room?
- Signs you might have bedbugs:
- You have white to red bites that itch intensely;
- You discover small, light to dark brown, quarter-centimeter bugs on your sheets or couch; or
- You discover small darkish-brown stains in the seams of your mattress.
- Call Facilities Management at 757-221-2270 during business hours of 7:30am - 4:30pm to arrange inspection and treatment.