Fall & Spring Semesters
William & Mary offers limited access to non-degree-seeking status during the Fall and Spring semesters. In all cases during Fall and Spring, non-degree-seeking student registration begins on the first day of classes. Those eligible to apply include:
- post-baccalaureate degree-holders
- degree-seeking students at other institutions on official visiting or exchange status
- concurrent high school students
- senior citizens
- individuals auditing a class
- faculty spouses and faculty/staff making use of tuition waivers (and not in a degree-seeking program)
In the summer, W&M also welcomes students from other institutions without the formality of the "visiting" student requirements that exist in the fall and spring terms (only for non-baccalaureate degree-holders looking to complete non-degree coursework). Summer registration for non-degree-seeking students begins in March; see the When to Register section for full details and the Summer Study page for undergraduate-specific opportunities.
Non-degree students are responsible for understanding and abiding by certain requirements and policies. You are required to review the Non-Degree Student Policies & Resources before registering for your first class.