Pamela has been at William & Mary since 2004. She was named Deputy Compliance Officer in September 2013. Previously, Pamela was the Assistant AD for Compliance and Educational Services and Senior Woman Administrator for William & Mary athletics. In that role, she oversaw the eligibility and academic progress of all student-athletes and she was responsible for educating student-athletes, coaches, staff and boosters on the NCAA regulations. She also served on the senior athletics staff and counseled on budgetary and Title IX issues related to athletics. Pamela graduated from Southern Methodist University in 1994 with a B.B.A. She continued her education at the College of William & Mary and earned a JD and an MBA in 2000. She is a member of the bar in both Virginia (Associate) and North Carolina (Active). She is also a Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP and a Certified Civil Rights Investigator.
Pamela and the other professional staff members of the Office of Compliance & Equity have received extensive training in Title IX matters and internal investigations including continuing education and training programs conducted by the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services, the Society for Corporate Compliance & Ethics, and the Association of Title IX Administrators.
Recent training and certifications include:
- ATIXA Civil Rights Investigator Level IV Training & Certification, Due Process, January 10, 2019
- ATIXA Civil Rights Investigator Level IV Training & Certification- August 1-2, 2018
- DCJS Campus Violence and Safety Prevention Forum- March 2018
- DCJS Trauma Informed Sexual Assault Investigations and Adjudication Training- October 23-25, 2017
- ATIXA Civil Rights Investigator Level III Training and Certification Course- September 27-28, 2016