William & Mary has many resources to assit survivors of sexual assault. Please consider seeking out these resources as they can provide you with vital support. If you are the friend of a survivor, these resources are also available to you when you need assistance or have questions about providing support.
- Confidential Resources . Most W&M employees have to tell the Title IX Coordinator when they learn about sexual misconduct affecting a student. But there are some people whom you can talk to, and who will not have to make a report to the Title IX Coordinator. To learn more about confidentiality and how the Title IX Coordinator responds to reports made to her, visit the page on Confidentiality, Anonymity, and Amnesty .
- Counseling (Mental and Emotional Health) Resources.
Counseling Center at William & Mary (Confidential) 757-221-3620. A counselor is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. The Counseling Center offers a range of mental health services to students wanting help with personal concerns. Services include outreach and presentation activities; individual, couples, and group therapy; as well as consultation to friends, faculty, and parents / guardians concerned about a student in distress. The Counseling Center provides immediate intervention, stabilization and support.
The Counseling Center will also help find referrals for therapists and psychiatrists in the Williamsburg area. If you need assistance with this, please call Christine Ferguson , M.Ed., LPC at 757-221-3620 . You may also use theOnline Community Database for a mental health provider suitable to your needs.
- Medical (Physical) Resources.
Student Health Center at William & Mary (Confidential) 757-221-2998
The Student Health Center provides a full-range of primary care services including the evaluation, treatment and prevention of all kinds of acute or chronic physical, mental and social health issues.
- Title IX Staff . These staff persons are trained in sexual assault, Title IX, rape trauma, victim response, and W&M policies and procedures. They can help you with interim measures to protect and support you, can accept a report or complaint, or answer questions.
- The Haven: (Confidential): Peer or professional support for victims of sexual assault and harassment, dating abuse and intimate partner violence, and stalking. Campus Center 166, 757-221-2449, email@example.com; Liz Cascone, Director, 757-221- 7478, firstname.lastname@example.org