Your safety and well-being are the highest priority. Please make sure you are viewing this site in a safe location.
For immediate medical care or police response, call the William & Mary Police at 757-221-4596 or 911.
For help with:
Non-emergency medical care and/or physical evidence recovery (PERK):
- Riverside Doctor's Hospital, 1500 Commonwealth Avenue, Williamsburg, VA 23185 757-585-2200. This location operates a mobile unit which will send a nurse to perform a PERK, which can be useful in criminal or university processes, as soon as they receive a page. You can page the nurse by dialing 757-881-3375. The ER is open 24 hours a day.
- Riverside Regional Medical Center, 500 J. Clyde Morris Boulevard, Newport News, VA 23601, 757-594-3983. Riverside's ER is open 24 hours a day and can conduct physical evidence recovery (PERK), which can be useful in criminal or university processes. You can page the nurse by dialing 757-881-3375.
- Student Health Center at William & Mary, 1 Gooch Drive, 757-221-2998. The Student Health Center provides a full-range of free, confidential primary care services including the evaluation, treatment and prevention of all kinds of acute or chronic physical, mental and social health issues. The Student Health Center provides pregnancy and STI screening and provides Plan B and other emergency contraception through its pharmacy. Please note that the Student Health Center does NOT provide PERK exams; visit W&M's PERK FAQ website to learn more.
Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center 100 Sentara Circle, Williamsburg, VA 23188 757- 984-6000. Sentara's ER is open 24 hours a day. This location does NOT provide PERK services.
- William & Mary Counseling Center: 757-221-3620 (free services for W&M students) located in the McLeod Tyler Wellness Center. Students can reach a counselor 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling the main Counseling Center number 757-221-3620. Students and employees can find local mental health providers by using the Online Community Database.
- The Haven: 757-221-2449 [[thehaven]]. The Haven is a confidential, welcoming safe place for those impacted by sexual violence and harassment. The Haven provides trauma-informed crisis response and support. The Haven is located in Sadler Center, Suite 146P.
- Avalon: A Center for Women and Children
24 Hour Helpline: 757-258-5051 email@example.com
Main Office: 757-258-5022 TTY: 757-634-3447
Avalon's mission is to provide shelter and support for those experiencing domestic violence and sexual assault in the Greater Williamsburg area. By offering tools for safety, self-sufficiency, and empowerment Avalon works to break the cycle of abuse and helps create a positive future.
- Center for Sexual Assault Survivors (located in Newport News)
24 Hour Helpline: 757-236-5620
Main Office: 757-599-9844 firstname.lastname@example.org
718 J. Clyde Morris Boulevard, Suite B, Newport News, VA 23061
- The National Sexual Assault Hotline (RAINN), 1-800-656-HOPE, and the Suicide Prevention Lifeline, 1-800-273-8255, are aavailable 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- The Survivors of Sexual Violence page provides more information and resources.
- For assistance with campus housing contact the Dean of Students Office 757-221-2510. Housing assignments can be modified, and there is a short-term confidentiality safe room available for students in need.
- For shelter or resource and referral information contact Avalon's 24 Hour Helpline 757-258-5051 .
Reporting an incident for university administrative action, for law enforcement action, or for statistical counting:
- Visit Reporting Options for information about the different ways to report and types of reports.