Resources for... William & Mary
William & Mary W&M menu close William & Mary

Get Help Now

Your safety and well-being are the highest priority. Please make sure you are viewing this site in a safe location.

For immediate medical care or police response, call the William & Mary Police at 757-221-4596 or 911.

For help with:
Non-emergency medical care and/or physical evidence recovery (PERK):
  • Riverside Doctor's Hospital, 1500 Commonwealth Avenue, Williamsburg, VA 23185 757-585-2200. This location operates a mobile unit which will send a nurse to perform a PERK, which can be useful in criminal or university processes, as soon as they receive a page.  You can page the nurse by dialing 757-881-3375. The ER is open 24 hours a day.
  • Riverside Regional Medical Center, 500 J. Clyde Morris Boulevard, Newport News, VA 23601, 757-594-3983. Riverside's ER is open 24 hours a day and can conduct physical evidence recovery (PERK), which can be useful in criminal or university processes. You can page the nurse by dialing 757-881-3375.
  • Student Health Center at William & Mary, 1 Gooch Drive, 757-221-2998.  The Student Health Center provides a full-range of free, confidential primary care services including the evaluation, treatment and prevention of all kinds of acute or chronic physical, mental and social health issues.  The Student Health Center provides pregnancy and STI screening and provides Plan B and other emergency contraception through its pharmacy.  Please note that the Student Health Center does NOT provide PERK exams; visit W&M's PERK FAQ website to learn more. 
  • Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center 100 Sentara Circle, Williamsburg, VA 23188 757- 984-6000.  Sentara's ER is open 24 hours a day.  This location does NOT provide PERK services.

Emotional support, counseling:
  • For assistance with campus housing contact the Dean of Students Office 757-221-2510.  Housing assignments can be modified, and there is a short-term confidentiality safe room available for students in need.  
  • For shelter or resource and referral information contact Avalon's 24 Hour Helpline 757-258-5051 .
Reporting an incident for university administrative action, for law enforcement action, or for statistical counting:
  • Visit Reporting Options for information about the different ways to report and types of reports.