Welcome to the Registration site for the Annual Symposium for Pilgrimage Studies 2019
This page provides information regarding meeting highlights, travel, and lodging information as well as a link to the Registration and payment site.
- Friday evening: Public Lecture by Nancy Frey, Opening Reception to follow
- Saturday evening: Closing Banquet
Information on travel to William & Mary can be found here. If you are travelling by plane, you may arrive at one of three airports; Newport News, Richmond, or Norfolk and then need to arrange transportation from there to your accommodations in Williamsburg. There are several possibilities for transportation from the airport:
- Tidewater Coach which has previously offered special rates to Symposium attendees.
- TaxiJose - who can be contacted at email@example.com or by cell or text at 757-206-3713 ($75 from Richmond; $45 from Newport News)
- Rideshare services such as Uber, Lyft, etc, may also be available.
We have a block of rooms reserved for a special rate at:
Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsburg
1402 Richmond Road
Williamsburg, VA 23185
The Fairfield Inn & Suites is within walking distance (0.7 miles) of the School of Education.
In general, attendees are encouraged to stay at a hotel within walking distance of the William & Mary campus. The hotels of Colonial Williamsburg provide a shuttle bus that runs near the campus, although it will not start until later in the morning than our first panel session. Taxi service to campus is also available from local hotels.