Trift II TofSIMS Procedure for Shut Down
- Disable the Sample HV. Enter the Watcher Program and go to the
Service Mode, options (phiphi), and change the Sample HV from Enabled to
- Turning off the Multiple Pump Control (MPC) for the LMIG Ion Pump and the Spectrometer Ion Pump
- On the keypad, on the front of the electronics panel, push
Key 9 (High Voltage Operate). Supply 2 (Spectrometer Ion Pump) and
Supply 1 (LMIG Ion Pump) should read Hi V – On.
- Push Display Select for Supply 1 and Supply 2 to read Hi V –
OFF. Push the Enter Key on the Keypad to accept this. Supply 1 & 2
will turn off.
- Shut off the main power to the MPC (On/Off switch located on the MPC panel).
- Turning off the Turbo Pumps for the Introduction Chamber and the Sample Chamber.
- For the Chamber Turbo Pump, go to the Watcher Program,
Service Mode, options (phiphi), and change the Chamber Turbo pump from
Pumping to Stopped mode.
- For the Intro Turbo Pump, change the Intro Turbo from Pumping to Stopped mode.
- Make sure the Turbo Pumps are turned off at the front of the electronics panel.
- Close the Watcher program and Wincadence, then shut down the computer.
- Turn Main Power Off (it is the red button located above the yellow loss of vacuum light on the front of the electronics panel).