Dates: Monday, February 12-Friday, April 13
About the Program
William & Mary’s Campus Recreation Department and Office of Health Promotion are hosting the third Wellness Passport Incentive Program this spring 2018. The program will take place between February 12 and April 13. The objectives of this program are to 1) educate students and faculty/staff about multi-dimensional, holistic wellness and 2) increase awareness of health and wellness opportunities at William & Mary. The Wellness Passport Program will offer a variety of events. Participants will be encouraged to attend at least one event in each of the eight dimensions of wellness throughout the length of the program. Our goal is that, by participating in a variety of activities, programs and services on campus, students and faculty/staff members will gain knowledge of the various health and wellness resources available at William & Mary.
Passport registration for the Spring 2018 will open on February 12, 2018.
How to register:
- Wellness Passport Registration Form.
- Create a MindBody account
- If you already have a Fitwell pass, please use the same MindBody account. If you do not have a current Fitwell pass, but have had one in the past, please use that same account.
- To create a MindBody account
- Go to the Campus Rec Mindbody Portal
- At the bottom right of your screen, you will see a box labeled "Create Account." Enter your email, and hit "Next".
- Enter the necessary contact information in the first column.
- Create your login and save the username and password (you will need it to log into events during the program)
- Click "Create Account."
Logging in your Passport
- As you attend events included on the Wellness Passport calendar, you will collect credits for each Wellness Dimension in your passport. For the first time this year, the Wellness Passport program will be completely online, and so all credits will be virtual! Directions on how to redeem credits will be emailed to participants on completion of registration.
- There are eight individual calendars, one for each dimension, in addition to the main Wellness Passport calendar that contains all events. These calendars can be located under "Related Calendars" on the right side of the Wellness Passport calendar page. Use the individual calendars to find events specific to the dimensions (i.e. find emotional/mental events on the Emotional/Mental Dimension calendar).
- Many events relate to multiple dimensions of wellness. However, each passport event can only be counted once for a dimension requirement. For example, an event might be listed on both the intellectual dimension calendar and the social dimension calendar. You can only receive credit for either the intellectual dimension or the social dimension, not both. Additionally, some of our events occur more than one time AND count for more than one dimension. You can only receive credit for that event ONCE and for only one dimension. For example, if you go to an event in February and use it for your physical dimension, and then you go to the same event in March to use it for your social dimension, the event will only count for the physical dimension.
- Please do not worry if you are not able to attend all of the events in one week! You will have more than enough time to explore the different dimensions of wellness throughout the program. The goal is to find a harmony, rather than a balance, between the dimensions. It is not always realistic to spend an equal amount of time and energy in each dimension. At times, you may dedicate more attention to one particular dimension because that is what is right and necessary in your life at that moment.
- In addition to attending events, each participant will be given one “Wild Card" credit. The purpose of this Wild Card pass is to both honor the time you are already spending on wellness (i.e. if you are already training for a race or you tutor in your free time please feel free to use your Wild Card pass for the physical or the intellectual dimensions of wellness, respectively) AND to give you an opportunity to earn a wellness credit without attending an event on the wellness calendar (i.e. completing the Life Values Inventory online for a wild card sticker in the emotional/mental wellness dimension). To redeem a Wild Card pass, you will need to complete our Wild Card Sticker form (which will be emailed to you upon completing registration).
Submitting Your Passport
You have until Friday, April 13th to collect up to eight credits, one in each wellness dimension (including the one wild card pass). If you collect at least six credits (including the one wild card pass), you will qualify for prizes (see below).
Prizes will be given out at the end of the incentive program based on how many wellness dimensions each participant has earned a credit for over the course of the program. These prizes are cumulative (i.e. those who get 6 stickers will get a t-shirt; 7 stickers, will get a Swell water bottle or Gym bag, canvas tote or yoga mat; and 8 stickers will get something from each catgory):
6 wellness dimensions or more = Wellness Passport T-Shirt.
7 wellness dimensions or more= Swell water bottle or Gym Bag, Canvas Tote, or Yoga Mat.
8 dimensions = Be entered in a drawing to win a FitBit Charge!
Read about each Wellness Dimension below and find corresponding events.
- Emotional/Mental Dimension
- Find Emotional/Mental Events
- Wildcard Pass Ideas: Attend a group therapy session or an individual counseling session, take the online Life Values Inventory (completing the online mini LVI course, read your results, and read a couple of PDFs from Step 5 about flourishing).
- Environmental Dimension
- Find Environmental Events
- Wild Card Pass Ideas: Go for a run, walk or bike ride outside; attend a group fitness class, play an individual or team sport.
- Financial Dimension
- Intellectual Dimension
- Find Intellectual Events
- Wild Card Pass Ideas: Attend a lecture or workshop outside of your required academic classes.
- Occupational Dimension
- Physical Dimension
- Find Physical Events
- Wild Card Pass Ideas: Your own personal workout, training for a race, playing a sport, taking a group fitness class, etc.
- Social Dimension
- Find Social Events
- Wild Card Pass Ideas: Attend a sporting event or concert.
- Spiritual Dimension
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: If an event counts under more than one dimension, can I attend that event multiple times and count it under different dimensions? (i.e. attending a Yoga class twice and counting it under the Physical and Spiritual Dimensions)
A: We encourage participants to step out of their comfort zones and try new activites, so please try to find different events to count for each different dimension.
Q: Are more events going to be added to the Wellness Passport Calendar?
A: Yes, we will continue to add more events to the calendar as they are approved by the event coordinators. We also welcome any suggestions for events! Please email Courtney or Jenny with suggested events.
Q: Can I get a credit for any group fitness class I attend at the W&M Student Recreation Center?
A: No, you can only get credit for group fitness classes included on the Wellness Passport Calendar (i.e. our free yoga classes that are listed on the Wellness Passport Calendar. You can check in with the Instructor that teaches the class for either the Emotional/Mental Dimension, Physical Dimension or Spiritual Dimension- for just ONE dimension, not all three! If you take a group fitness class or attend another event that is not included on the Wellness Passport Events Calendar, you must use your Wild Card Pass.
For more information on the Wellness Passport Incentive Program, please contact [[e|clwiley01, Courtney Wiley]], Wellness Supervisor, or [[jvrueh, Jenny Ruehrmund]], Associate Director of Campus Recreation for Fitness & Wellness.