The William & Mary Counseling Center offers outreach programming to provide support with and create opportunity for open dialogue about mental health topics of interest to the campus community. We hope to empower students to develop the awareness, values, and skills they will need to meet current and future challenges.
Depending upon available resources, Counseling Center staff are able to provide outreach programs on a wide variety of psycho-educational topics. If you or your organization are interested in requesting an outreach program, please complete the Outreach Request Form. We will make every effort to fulfill your request. There may be times when our availability is limited during peak demand for counseling services. Providing as much advanced notice as possible, a minimum of 2 weeks, is greatly appreciated. Below is a list of some possible outreach request topics and programs that could be provided by the Counseling Center.
Also, check out the most recent information about and schedule for the Counseling Center's Supportive Workshops. Reserve your spot for a 1-time stop workshop, a continuous mini series, and/or a mini series that builds each week.
Potential Outreach Request Topics and Programs
- Communication skills
- Maintaining healthy relationships
- Mens issues
- Coming out to friends and family
- Sexual assault
- Domestic violence
- Grief and Loss
- Coping with Divorce
- How to make friends and foster relationships
- Conflict resolution
- Leadership skills
- Anger management
- Test anxiety and performance enhancement
- Procrastination and motivation
- Study skills
- Communicating with faculty
- Making the most out of college
Personal Health and Well-being
- Building Self-esteem
- Adjusting to college
- Values-based approaches to success/fulfillment
- Stress management and relaxation training
- Depression: Understanding the signs and treatment
- Alcohol use and abuse
- Anxiety: Understanding the signs and treatment
- Coping with crisis or trauma
- Eating Disorders
If you or your organization are interested in requesting an outreach program, please remember to complete the Outreach Request Form.
The William & Mary Counseling Center is a member of the Association for University and College Counseling Center Outreach (AUCCCO).