Facility Operation (FO) staff will assist the Equipment Manager in all facets of maintaining a safe, clean and aesthetically pleasing facility that provides quality opportunities for sport, recreation, and leisure activities for patrons. More specifically, Facility Operation employees will provide exceptional customer service to participants by maintaining all open recreation areas including the gymnasium, multi-activity court, fitness studios, racquetball courts, and all outdoor facilities. In addition they will also perform routine preventive maintenance on all fitness equipment determined by checklists or assigned by Equipment Manager. Furthermore, FOs will provide support to each program area which includes: Intramurals, Sport Clubs, Aquatics, Fitness & Wellness, and Outdoor Recreation.
- Project a positive example of applied work ethic as stated in the departmental Mission Statement and Values.
- Adhere to emergency policies and procedures as established by Campus Recreation.
- Become familiar with all aspects of the facility; the location and operation of all alarms, pull stations AEDs, extinguishers as well as telephones.
- Reinforce departmental policies and procedures to ensure safety of participants.
- Operate power tools, hand tools, and automated systems.
- Perform maintenance and repairs throughout the facility.
- Initiates work-order requests and make recommendations for facility improvements
- Maintain work-shop inventory
- Coordinate with the Equipment Manager for the purchase of maintenance supplies.
- Assist with daily, weekly, and monthly inspections on all fitness equipment.
- Assist with the coordination and set-up of special events.
- Perform thorough cleaning and sanitizing of cardio and strength equipment.
- Perform routine inspection on all Campus Recreation vehicles.
- Required to attend monthly Facility Operation staff meetings and other meetings as directed by Equipment Manager.
- Laundry as needed
- Log damage equipment
- Maintain Cleaning documents including inventory of supplies
- Inspect Cardio and Strength equipment for safety and Maintenance issues
- Perform any other duties as required by Campus Recreation.
- Current W&M enrolled student
- Positive attitude and a desire to assist patrons
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to self-motivate with little or no supervision
- Average 8-10 hours/week
- Attend and actively participate in bi-weekly FO meetings
- Attend and actively participate in departmental student staff training
- Attain CPR/First Aid/AED, and BBP Certification (must obtained within 30 days of hire)
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Successful completion of Vehicle Safety Course
As a result of working as a FO for Campus Recreation student employees will be able to:
- Identify safety and health hazards throughout the facility.
- Operate power tools, hand tools, and other mechanical devices.
- Be able to identify each Program Area.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service behaviors.
- Explain, exhibit, and enforce departmental policies and procedures.