Types of Budgets

Each club has the opportunity to tap into three different budgetary sources. They are:

Campus Recreation Allocation

A limited budget that you may use to pay for transportation costs, entry fees, lodging, equipment or any special, pre-approved purpose. View the list of allowable and non-allowable items for and idea of what you may use your allocation for. Anything you do not spend by the end of Spring Semester does not carry over to the next academic year.

Sport Club Checking Account

This is your club's personal checking account. Typically, the money that you would deposit in this account comes from dues, fundraisers, contracts, or any other method of acceptable revenue generation. This account carries over from year to year. It is important to change names of club officers who have access to the checking accounts when new officers are elected. This way, the new officers will be able to write checks when necessary.

Club Development Account

This is money your club may receive from alumni, parents, or other forms of donations. Donations to a club's development account are tax deductible. Anyone making a donation should make checks payable to "College of William & Mary" and place "Your Club Name" in the memo section of the check. Have them mail or submit the checks directly to [[mpwagner, Megan Wagner]], who will ensure that the check goes to the development office under the proper account. If any check goes to the development office but is not clearly marked for your club, your club will not receive the funds. Submitting the checks to Campus Recreation first ensures that the donation will make it into the proper account. Donations carry over from year to year.