Campus Recreation is currently hiring Sport Club Supervisors for the Spring. Applications are open for the position, so please submit them and the Sport Club Office will be in touch to schedule an interview.
Interested applicants can complete an online application. You can also read about other jobs available within Campus Recreation.
Sport Club Supervisor
Sport Club Supervisors are responsible for assisting the Sport Club Office with the overall organization, administration and day-to-day operations of the Sport Club program. This may include processing event and travel requests, maintaining eligibility database, and communicating with Club Officers about field conditions, meetings and training opportunities. Supervisors are expected to work afternoons, evenings and primarily weekend hours, provide direction and support for Club Officers and members by serving as a liaison between Sport Clubs and the Campus Recreation Department. Supervisors manage critical incidents as necessary and perform special duties as assigned. Supervision of on-campus games will be a foremost responsibility of this position.
- Attend all in-service trainings, meetings and office hours as assigned
- Complete annual certifications
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide assistance for game day including field set-up (paint) and lighting
- Providing supervision, first response medical support and activation of departmental emergency protocols for sport club game days and tournaments
- Maintaining access to storage facilities
- Record statistics including participation and spectators numbers.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the Sport Club Office
- Process forms and assist in bookkeeping
- Assist in maintaining Sport Club Membership data
- Assist in producing marketing materials for Sport Club events, meetings and trainings
- Assist in producing training materials
- Assist with updating, evaluating and reviewing club policy and procedure manual
- Create Event Checklists and Sport Club Fact Sheets
- Current American Red Cross First Aid and CPR or equivalent
- Knowledge of sports and tournament operations
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Possess good leadership skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to supervise peers and other students
- Strong and positive customer service ethic
- Ability to represent W&M in a positive manner
- Availability to work afternoons, evenings and weekends
5 to 10 hours per week (Primarily Weekend Hours)
Pay Per Hour
Anticipated Start Date
Open until filled