Close menu Resources for... William & Mary
William & Mary W&M menu close William & Mary


See the schedule for more information on when and where your club holds practice.

Before a Sport Club can hold practices or tryouts:

  • All members must submit an online waiver. Waivers do not carry over from year to year. Waivers can be found by logging in the Campus Recreation online registration page and following the link to IMLeagues.
  • Members under the age of 18 must also have a parent/legal guardian fill out a paper waiver (Form W), which can be e-mailed, faxed, or brought to the Sport Club Office.
  • Each club needs at least two registered Safety Officers.
  • Clubs with instructors should email [[rsclub]]
  • All members of clubs that use weapons (e.g. Fencing and Kendo) should submit a Use of Weapons Agreement.
Why do I need to submit a Waiver/Agreement to Participate?

If you have ever participated in an activity with the potential for risk that is sponsored by any organization, you have probably signed a release form and designated an emergency contact. Think of a time you have gone whitewater rafting, entered a running race or triathlon, gone bungee jumping or horseback riding, etc. The Waiver/Agreement to Participate forms seek to inform you of the potential for risk before participating in the activity. Since each club has different risks, you must fill out a separate Waiver for every club you attend.

What is the deal with paper vs. online waivers?

Everyone practicing, participating, or traveling with a club must be on the club's roster. Only people who have submitted an online waiver will be put on the roster. Therefore, everyone should fill out an online waiver.

Paper waivers (Form W) are for participants under the age of 18, who are required to submit a paper waiver (in addition to the online waiver) signed by a parent/legal guardian.