Campus Recreation may consider applications for the Sport Club Supervisor position in Fall 2023. Applications are always open for the position, so please submit them and if the Sport Club Office needs to hire in Fall 2023, a review of applicants may happen between August - October 2023.
Interested applicants can complete an online application. You can also read about other jobs available within Campus Recreation.
Sport Club Supervisor
Sport Club Supervisors are responsible for assisting the Sport Club Office with the overall organization, administration and day-to-day operations of the Sport Club program. This may include processing event and travel requests, maintaining eligibility database, and communicating with Club Officers about field conditions, meetings and training opportunities. Supervisors are expected to work primarily weekend hours at home events on and near campus. Sport Club Supervisors provide direction and support for Club Officers and members by serving as a liaison between Sport Clubs and the Campus Recreation Department. Supervisors manage critical incidents as necessary and perform special duties as assigned. Supervision of on-campus games will be a foremost responsibility of this position.
- Attend all in-service trainings, meetings and office hours as assigned
- Complete annual certifications
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide assistance for game day including providing access to equipment, gates and lighting
- Providing supervision, first response medical support and activation of departmental emergency protocols for sport club game days and tournaments
- Maintaining access to storage facilities
- Record results and statistics including participation and spectators numbers.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the Sport Club Office
- Audit "spot check" weeknight sport club practices to verify waivers and med kits
- Produce marketing materials for upcoming events
- Clean and organize on-campus Campus Recreation storage sheds
- Stage equipment at venues in preparation for upcoming events
- Current American Red Cross First Aid and CPR or equivalent
- Knowledge of sports and tournament operations
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Possess good leadership skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to supervise peers and other students
- Strong and positive customer service ethic
- Ability to represent W&M in a positive manner
- Availability to work afternoons, evenings and weekends
5 to 10 hours per week (Primarily Weekend Hours)
Pay Per Hour
Anticipated Start Date
Review of applicaitons August - October 2023