All content editors responsible for a portion of the university's main web presence must attend Basic Training to activate their Cascade accounts.
Returning content editors who have not had much recent interaction with Cascade are encouraged to register for Basic Training a second (or third) time to reinforce their understanding.
Fall 2020 Training ScheduleDue to the current COVID-19 situation, all training will take place via Zoom Video Conferencing. Please [[creative, email University Web & Design]] for more information or to request training.
* If you will have editing responsibilities on the VIMS or Mason School of Business websites, please contact your Cascade Manager to arrange training.
- Introduction to the W&M web presence
- Terminology and help for Cascade and the web
- Cascade login and navigation
- Building and editing folders and pages
- Uploading and managing documents and images
- Placing links and images within content
- Placing listboxes, related links & widgets in the right column
- Publishing and deleting
- Best practices and other tips & tricks
*Must already be trained in Cascade
Looking to take a deeper dive into features in Cascade like collapsible lists, listboxes, gateway pages, listing pages and more? University Web & Design offers workshops for groups who are wanting to see a live demonstration and practice building some of these features with one of our content specialists. While we don’t schedule workshops on a regular basis, there are two ways to get one on the calendar:
- Gather a group of six or more Cascade editors in your office or department and request a workshop by emailing [[creative]].
- Fill out the workshop request form and when six or more respondents have submitted the request, you will be contacted about a date, time and location for the group workshop.
If you have any questions about the Cascade Workshops, email [[creative]].
Online Help Pages
Our Cascade Help site provides you an A to Z resource on current features. We encourage you to browse, search and delve in.
Have a question? Not sure how to proceed? Just need advice? We're here to help.
Departments and offices within Arts & Sciences, Advancement and our graduate and professional schools should first contact their designated Cascade Manager for assistance. Other departments and offices, or those referred to University Web & Design by their Cascade Manager should email [[creative]] to request assistance with a specific topic. One of our experts will try to assist in a manner appropriate for the request, as time allows.