Cascade Server version 8 (which launched July 10, 2017) boasts a new mobile-friendly user interface for editing the university's web content. We offer multiple options for you to get acquainted with the new interface.
Our Cascade Help site will provide you an A to Z resource on the new user interface paradigm and all current features. Feel free to browse, search and delve in.
The 30-minute demonstration of Cascade v.8 will take you through the most common tasks Cascaders do – followed by time for Q&A and personal interaction. Have some edits ready to go? Bring them along and take a stab at them after the demo. We've got the room reserved for the full hour. Email [[creative]] to request a demo.
More in-depth than a Demonstration, our Basic Training in Cascade will take you from uncertainty to competence.
All content editors responsible for a portion of the university's main web presence must attend Basic Training to activate their Cascade accounts.
Returning content editors who have not had much recent interaction with Cascade are welcome to attend Basic Training a second (or third) time to reinforce their understanding.
Fall 2018 Training Schedule
- Wednesday, December 5, 10am-12pm in Jones 203. Register.
- Monday, December 17, 10am-12pm in Jones 203. Register.
* If you will have editing responsibilities on the VIMS or Mason School of Business websites, please contact your Cascade Manager to arrange training.
- Introduction to the W&M web presence
- Terminology and help for Cascade and the web
- Cascade login and navigation
- Building and editing folders and pages
- Uploading and managing documents and images
- Placing links and images within content
- Placing listboxes, related links & widgets in the right column
- Publishing and deleting
- Best practices and other tips & tricks
Have a question? Not sure how to proceed? Just need advice? We're here to help.
Departments and offices within Arts & Sciences and our graduate and professional schools should first contact their designated Cascade Manager for assistance. Other departments and offices, or those referred to University Web & Design by their Cascade Manager should email [[creative]] to request assistance with a specific topic. One of our experts will try to assist in a manner appropriate for the request, as time allows.