All content editors responsible for a portion of the university's main web presence must attend Basic Training to activate their Cascade accounts.
Returning content editors who have not had much recent interaction with Cascade are encouraged to register for Basic Training a second (or third) time to reinforce their understanding.
Summer 2019 Training Opportunities
- Tuesday, July 2, 2pm-4pm in Jones 203. Register.
- Wednesday, July 17, 10am-12pm in Jones 203. Register.
- Friday, August 2, 10am-12pm in Jones 203. Register.
* If you will have editing responsibilities on the VIMS or Mason School of Business websites, please contact your Cascade Manager to arrange training.
- Introduction to the W&M web presence
- Terminology and help for Cascade and the web
- Cascade login and navigation
- Building and editing folders and pages
- Uploading and managing documents and images
- Placing links and images within content
- Placing listboxes, related links & widgets in the right column
- Publishing and deleting
- Best practices and other tips & tricks
Online Help Pages
Our Cascade Help site will provide you an A to Z resource on current features. We encourage you to browse, search and delve in.
Have a question? Not sure how to proceed? Just need advice? We're here to help.
Departments and offices within Arts & Sciences, Advancement and our graduate and professional schools should first contact their designated Cascade Manager for assistance. Other departments and offices, or those referred to University Web & Design by their Cascade Manager should email [[creative]] to request assistance with a specific topic. One of our experts will try to assist in a manner appropriate for the request, as time allows.