To upload more than one file:
- Remove any spaces or upper case letters in the file names on your computer (this will become the File Name and impact the URL for the uploaded file).
- Select the placement folder by clicking the arrow to the right of the folder name.
- From the top menu, select Add Content >> File.
- Select the “Choose” link or drag and drop files from your computer into the drop zone. When more than one file is selected, Cascade will switch to using the bulk-file upload feature.
- Save & Preview your edits. Then Submit >> Check Content & Submit.
- Once you have uploaded your files, you will need to edit each of them to provide the required Display Name.
Uploading a Zip Archive
Here are the steps for importing a zip file of documents directly into Cascade:
- Zip up the set of documents.
- Select the Cascade folder where the documents will be uploaded. If you don't have a storage folder create one.
- Click Add Content >> File from the top navigation menu in Cascade.
- Scroll down and drag-and-drop or choose a zip file from your computer.
- Select 'Yes' to extract and save all of the contents into the current folder
- Click 'Unpack' and you will land on a Zip Archive Report that displays the items unpacked successfully or with errors.
- Close. Then refresh your view of the folder to see the files listed.
When not to use the Import Tool
Don't use the Import Tool to mass upload photoset images. The Import Tool assigns a default content type to anything you upload and photoset images require a special content type in order to include captions.
A document is considered accessible if it meets certain technical criteria and can be used by people with disabilities. It’s important to make sure your documents are accessible before uploading them into Cascade.