The links row offers a visually appealing way to present a collection of links. Links can be internal or external to Cascade.
- Present a collection of resource links
- Replace right-column Related Links
Create a New Row
- Select your rows storage folder — this is likely labeled _rows or similar. If you don't have one yet, build one now.
- From the top menu, select Add Content > Rows > Links.
Available Fields & Options
- Page Name: Required field; this is your row's file name in Cascade; customize the default name of row-links.
- Title: Required field; used as a section header for screen readers and should be meaningful.
- Show Title?
- If unchecked: The title is used by screen readers, but not visually displayed.
- If checked: The title is prominently displayed at the top of the row.
- Row Theme: Select one of the available colors as the row's default theme. Elements within the row will be color-coordinated and optimized for design and accessibility. When placing the row on a page, the theme should be selected for that page.
- Intro Text: Option to add simple text that appears below the Title (if displayed) and above the links. Text appears center justified and can include links, bold and italics.
- Link Captions
- With Captions?: Choose whether links will have descriptive text. Your selection will apply to all links.
- Link settings
- This row has a minimum requirement of two links. There is no maximum. Use the green + to add a link. Use the up/down arrows or drag and drop to reorder them.
- Link Text: Customize the text to appear for each link. Always indicate a file type in parenthesis at the end of the link text, if applicable. Example: "August Newsletter (pdf)"
- Internal Link: Use to link to an available Cascade asset.
- External Link: Use to link to an asset not available within Cascade.
- Anchor: Use to specify an anchor for your internal or external link — no # symbol required. To link to an anchor located on the same page as the row, do not specify an internal or external link destination. New to anchors? Learn how to first create an anchor on your pages or rows.
- Caption: Displays below the link. This field will only be visible (and required) if you selected to include captions.
Updating Row Content
- To update the content of a row, edit and publish the row file.
- You do not need to publish the pages displaying the row.
- If a row is unpublished or deleted, it will no longer appear on any live pages.
Tip: If you move or rename a row file, you will then need to publish any pages displaying the row. Not sure which pages are using the row? Check for relationships to the row.
Example Links Rows
Below, we offer sample rows to demonstrate a selection of suggested uses and best practices.