Not sure if you want to create 'News Stories' or 'Features'? Remember that News Stories are event driven and Features have a more general interest appeal. Note: You can not mix and match these in a listing folder.
Step 1: Create a Listing Folder
- Navigate to the folder in which you wish to have your features listed.
- Select Add Content > Folder with Listing Page > Listing Folder - Features (if this asset is not available to you, please contact your Web Manager for help)
- Replace the Folder Name with "features" (no quotes).
- Enter a Display Name of "Features" (or something similar) - this will be displayed in your menus and breadcrumbs.
- Leave the box checked for Display in Menu if you want this page to be in your menus.
- Click Submit
Step 2: Edit the Listing Page
- Edit the index page of the Listing Folder (this is the listing page)
- Enter a Title and (optional) teaser. This page title will display at the top of the web page.
- Check the appropriate boxes for displaying parent and siblings in the menu.
- Optional: If you want any content to display below the Page Title, but before the Features, enter it in the Content box, or WYSIWYG.
- Check Content & Submit.
Step 3: Create the Feature Pages
- Create the Features or Borrowed Features. Note: You MUST create them in this Listing Folder for them to be listed properly.
- Each Feature (and Borrowed Feature) will then automatically appear on your listing page in folder order.
- Each listed Feature will display the following info (pulled from the full Feature page): the Square Thumbnail, Title (as a link to the full feature), Author and Summary.