Electronic Personnel Action Forms, or EPAFs, allow certain types of personnel transactions to be completed electronically, eliminating the need for paper forms to circulate from one office to another. Each EPAF transaction is created, submitted, and approved through Banner Self-Service. Once fully approved, an EPAF is saved or "applied" to Banner by University Human Resources.
Hiring Graduate AssistantsIf you are using an EPAF to hire a Graduate Assistant, please keep in mind the following:
- A person's SSN must exist in Banner prior to submitting an EPAF to hire him or her.
- Although the EPAF can be created and saved, it won't submit successfully without a SSN in Banner.
- If an employee needs to complete an I-9, the EPAF must be created prior to the verification of the I-9.
- If a student needs to apply for a SSN, once it is received, it will need to be entered into the I-9 system.
- It should also be entered into Banner at this time. If you don't have access to do this, please contact [[AskHR]].
The information below includes PowerPoints, videos, and documents which are relevant to different audiences. If you have questions about using EPAFs for your department's or school's transactions, please contact [[AskHR, University Human Resources]].
- EPAF Overview (narrated PowerPoint) - 9 minutes
- Available EPAF Transactions (pdf)
- EPAF FAQs (pdf)
- Glossary of terms
- For access to EPAFs, please email [[AskHR]] and include the following information:
- Originator and which EPAF transactions are needed.
- Approvers and which approval role they need.
Information For Originators
- EPAF Mechanics for Originators (narrated PowerPoint) - 10 minutes
- Using the Originator Summary (video) - 3 minutes
- Setting up a Default Routing Queue (video) - 5 minutes