EcoReps are students from any major (grad or undergrad, no prior sustainability experience needed) willing to learn and share sustainability knowledge with their fellow students through outreach efforts. As an affiliated group of W&M Sustainability, EcoReps are granted unique access across the campus and are held to a high standard of professionalism.
Fall 2020 Topic
Low Waste Living
What happens to your recyclables, compost, trash? What can you do at an individual level, for the campus & community? How does sustainability relate to wellness?
Learn and do outreach about:
- EcoArt Therapy: using nature to self-nurture (11/4)
How to sign-up and attend:
- Register for the sessions you would like to attend via campusrec.wm.edu
- Join the Zoom using the same link up to 10 min before the event begins
- The Low-Down on Low-Waste: living sustainably as a college student
- Slash the Trash: how to refuse and reduce waste production
- Divert to Dirt: alternatives to landfill
- A Taste of Low-Waste: plant-based cooking
- Menstrual Hygiene: menstrual cups and more
HOW DO I BECOME AN ECOREP?
- Attend all trainings a semester (unless due to class conflict)
- Help craft the outreach and share what has been learned
- Be willing to volunteer when you can on other sustainability events. That's it!