Event Assistants work as a team in conjunction with the Building Managers to ensure events run smoothly. They are responsible for providing customer service, set up, tear down, and serving as technical assistants for events occurring in the Sadler Center and Campus Center. Event Assistants receive the training and support that provides them with the opportunity to be promoted to the Building Manager role. Prior experience is not required, but can be beneficial.
Pay rate: $9.75/hr
- Provide support during major events, ensuring quality customer service as well as smooth event operations.
- Set up and run light and sound for events in Sadler (primarily Commonwealth Auditorium and Lodge 1).
- Assist with set up and tear down furniture for events in the Sadler Center and Campus Center.
- Troubleshoot technical problems.
- Operate and set up basic audio-visual equipment for events and conferences.
- Enforce building policies to provide a safe and welcoming environment for all patrons.
- Work with theatrical groups and performers to determine A/V needs.
- Assume "on-call" responsibility several weekends per year.
For more information, contact [[asjones02, Arman Jones]].