Building Managers oversee daily building operations in the Sadler Center and Campus Center, including occasional A/V set-ups, opening and closing the buildings, and assisting with furniture set-ups. Act as a liaison between student groups and professional staff to provide support for events held in the buildings. Pay rate: $8.25/hr
Though preference is given to internal candidates, prior experience with SUE is not required.
- Ensure that all physical arrangements in the building are correct for the present and following shift
- Assist with set-up, operation, and return of audio/visual equipment
- Assist with event set-ups and tear-downs
- Conduct routine rounds of the facility, checking for damages, vandalism, or problem situations and reporting them to the proper authorities
- Maintain a reasonable level of decorum in the building through cooperation with W&M Police, private security, and food service staff
- Act as the official representative of Student Unions & Engagement when interacting with students, employees, and visitors to the university
- Close and lock the facility at night, securing all doors, locks, windows, and activating the alarm system
- Serve as a resource person to all student organizations, provide keys to their offices, and assist them as necessary
- Supervise all student workers and the evening and weekend custodians
- Serve as a liaison between full-time staff members and other student employees
- Maintain a close working relationship with the SUE professional staff and keep them informed of all problems that require attention
For more information, contact [[trici, Trici Fredrick]].