Chalking buildings and sidewalks is not permitted on College property, except in designated areas.
Chalking is prohibited in the following areas: Historic Campus (Wren Yard, Wren Courtyard), and the brick walkways immediately adjacent to the Sunken Gardens within Old Campus. All other areas on campus are approved for chalking subject to the following guidelines:
- Chalking is allowed on flat, horizontal surfaces (pedestrian sidewalks/walkways) and must be fully exposed so that rain can wash it away.
- Chalking is not permitted on any vertical surface which includes buildings, steps, signs, walls, statues, benches, etc (excluding the vertical sound barrier wall in the Outdoor Classroom at the Integrated Science Center. This "wall" is an approved space.).
- Chalking must be at least 30 feet away from the entrance to any building.
- Chalking must adhere to published university policies, including anti-discrimination policies and procedures.
- Water-soluble chalk must be used.
Questions? Contact [[leadership]]