The "Elevating Your Personal Best" program was launched in Spring 2015 as a way for any William & Mary student to hone her/his leadership style and practices. This workshop utilizes StrengthsQuest to help participants identify and understand their "signature strengths" and how to leverage those strengths to become a more effective leader.
Elevating Your Personal Best: Strengths Edition
Ever been asked “what are your strengths,” and struggled come up with an answer or think about it a little later and think, “oh, I wish I had said ______ instead”? Through “Elevating Your Personal Best: Strengths Edition” Student Leadership Development will help you learn more about yourself so that you can articulate your own personal strengths and how you use them in your leadership and involvement. This leadership development initiative will offer participants a highly personalized opportunity for self-assessment, personal reflection, coaching, and action planning through the very popular StrengthsQuest online instrument by Gallup.
*For leadership teams (like committees or executive boards) interested in participating, we can develop a "Team Dimensions Profile" to help you better understand your strengths as a team and how you can best leverage the strengths of individuals to advance the shared goals of the team. A minimum of 3 team members must participate in order to do this additional component.
Interested in Participating?
- Elevating Your Personal Best: Strength Edition Registration
- In order to register, you must be logged into TribeLink (use your W&M credentials)
- Register by 5pm on Tuesday, October 30th
- Pay a $10 deposit by 8am on Wednesday, October 31st
- Please pay this as soon as you can after registering, as you will not receive your code to take the online instrument until the deposit has been paid
- This deposit will be returned upon successful completion of the Elevating Your Personal Best
- Cash or Check (made out to College of William & Mary) can be dropped off at Student Leadership Development
- Take the StrengthsQuest instrument online no later than 5pm on Friday, November 2nd
- Attend the Elevating Your Personal Best: Strengths Edition workshop on Sunday, November 4th 1-3:30pm (1-4pm for those participating in the additional "Leadership Team" component)