The purpose of this fund is to assist student organizations with competitive event costs that arise during the fiscal year that were not previously funded during the general budget cycle. These are events that an organization was unable to consider during the general budget request because they did not qualify for the opportunity at that time. Example: (newly formed competitions, advancement to national level)
- Funding for established competitions is not intended for use from this fund. This fund is for competitive events arising during the year that provide a financial hardship for that organization.
- The maximum amount granted to any organization will be $1,500 for an event.
- An organization will only be granted one request per fiscal year from Competition Funding.
- An organization will not be able to access money from this fund for more than two consecutive years. If an organization desires additional funding after that period, the organization should make a request for such funding in its annual budget.
- This funding has been established for competitions, not conferences.
Student Organizations Can Request Competition Funds Through TribeLink! Check out the How-To Guide to learn more about the process.
Any student with finance privileges in TribeLink is able to submit an Activities and Event Funding request on behalf of their organization . All Primary Contacts are automatically granted finance privileges. Financial Managers and other members must be granted individual finance privileges by the Primary Contact through position management in TribeLink.
Once you are logged in to TribeLink, you will go to the management menu for the specific organization requesting A&E Funding. Budget Requests can be submitted through the Finance section of the organization's page. From the "Create New Request" button you will select "Create Budget Request." From the list of available budget processes, select "Competition Fund" For more detailed instructions, review the How To Guide.