The STEP Initiative Directorate is a paid student board focused on planning, designing, and facilitating year-round programming for undergraduate students at William & Mary. Initiative Directors collaborate to plan, promote, and implement both large and small-scale programs.
|*Taking Rolling Applications*|
Qualifications for Employment
- Leadership potential
- Positive communication skills
- A desire to work with students, family, faculty and staff
- Dedication to helping others
- Integrity and ethical decision-making abilities
- Problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated academic success
- Good standing in terms of honor or student conduct standing
(Contact Lauren Garrett before submission of application if you have either.)
- Prior event and/or program implementation experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience
Directorate positions are contracted to begin in late Spring 2021 and continue through May 2022.
Benefits of Position
- Significant leadership experience
- Having a lasting impact on the future of William & Mary
- Creating connections with a variety of students from the greater W&M community
- Working with a team and meeting faculty, other student leaders, and new friends
- Gaining more knowledge of and an appreciation for William & Mary
When will I know if I got a position?
We will make every effort to inform all interviewed candidates by email via the timeline above. Those interviewed candidates will receive an email to review their application portal which will contain your final decision.
If you would like additional information, contact STEP.