Updated July 29, 2020: William & Mary President Katherine A. Rowe issued the following statement on the current status of DACA.
Statement from President Rowe in September 2017:
"William & Mary has an enduring commitment to all of its students. In September 2017, the William & Mary Board of Visitors issued a statement of unanimous support for the university's DACA students and urged members of Congress to work together for a solution that would allow W&M's DACA students to finish their educations uninterrupted. The university community, myself included, stand by the Board's statement. We will continue to do all that we can to support our DACA students, who are valued members of the W&M community." - President Katherine A. Rowe
- Undergraduate Admission: See For DACA Students for details on how to apply as an applicant with DACA. The page provides tips on what to enter in the Common App and Coalition App.
- Graduate Admissions: Admissions to graduate and professional programs is handled by each program. Inquiries should be directed to the director of the respective program.
- Undergraduate Applicants: Students with DACA are encouraged to fill out the FAFSA and CSS Profile to be considered for need-based financial aid. W&M has a long-standing commitment to affordability for in-state Virginia residents. The Office of Financial Aid handles undergraduate financial aid related questions.
- Graduate Applicants: Graduate financial aid is handled by the respective school or program. Applicants are eligible for graduate assistantships and scholarships.
Domicile (In State Tuition)
- Students with DACA may qualify for in-state tuition. In-state versus out-of-state tuition rates are determined by domicile under the University Registrar’s Office. To be eligible for in-state rates, an individual (or the parent, legal guardian or spouse who provides financial support) must demonstrate residence in Virginia and an intent to remain in Virginia indefinitely to establish domicile in Virginia, then maintain domicile in Virginia for at least 12 months preceding the first day of classes. Under special circumstances Virginia domicile code allow us to consider a dependent student’s domicile separately from that of the parents when appropriate.
- The Office of the University Registrar handles domicile (in-state tuition) questions and applications.
- Any questions about domicile eligibility should be directed to the Registrar's Office at email@example.com or 757-221-2800.
William & Mary Support
Reves Center and Office of Diversity & Inclusion- Together, Diversity & Inclusion and the Reves Center for International Studies lead support and advocacy efforts at W&M for our students with DACA. As part of this support, a special fund is administered that provides partial funding for the DACA renewal fee.
Center for Student Diversity - The Center for Student Diversity serves as a vital link where students from diverse backgroundnds can find a sense of community and everyone can learn about the diversity of our community.
UndocuTribe - UndocuTribe addresses the inequities and obstacles faced by immigrant and migrant community-at-large through education, empowerment, and action.