PHOTO CONTEST 2017 COMING SOON!
- Location, Location, Location: Includes photos of cityscapes, shops, landscape, nature, architecture, or anything that gives a “sense of place.”
- Celebration of Culture: Photos that capture the spirit of your host country, including interactions with the local population, traditions, festivals, etc.
- Tribe in Action: W&M student(s) out and about in the world! Photos could be of you and your classmates doing research, in the classroom, with your host family, etc.
- Global Classroom: Photos that reflect the educational aspect of your experience, including your university, housing, libraries, laboratories, field sites, and other learning spaces.
- Kitchen Sink: Random but interesting shots that do not fit in the previous categories.
- Global Education Office staff will select a winning photo from each category to be displayed at the Study Abroad Fair, a showcase for study abroad programs to be held on Saturday, September 24, 2016 (12:00- 3:00pm) in Trinkle Hall of the Campus Center.
- Event attendees will vote for the overall winner from among the five category finalists.
Rules & Regulations
- All entries must be original work of W&M students who registered for study abroad with the Global Education Office.
- Photos must have been taken at some time during the study abroad program (i.e. such as program functions and activities or group outings/travel; photos from personal travel before or after the program will not be accepted.)
- Students may submit up to 5 photos; only one photo will be accepted per category.
- If an image contains a minor, written consent from a parent or guardian must be provided.
- Images must have a resolution of at least 240 dpi; 300 dpi or higher is preferable. Photo submissions with a resolution under 240 dpi will not be considered.
- Photos must be digital and submitted via the online entry form with a photo release agreement by 5:00 pm on Monday, September 12. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- Judges’ decisions are final.
- Category winners will be notified on or before Friday, September 16, 2016. The overall winner will be notified on or before Monday, September 26, 2016.
- Submitted photos may be selected for future print publication and/or web use—students will receive photo credit if the Reves Center uses their image for study-abroad promotion.
Winners in each of the five categories will receive a custom print of their photo. Winners in each of the categories will also get to attend lunch with President Reveley.
Please submit your entries here!